Saturday, July 21, 2007

Date Night at the Marine Room

I bought this sparkly-movie starish shirt last month with the intention of taking it back. For one, it opens up all immodestly in the back and for two it is way impractical as it can only be worn a handful of places (church definitely not included). And where else do I go really? However, I found myself taking the tags off yesterday and putting it on despite my reservations. Jeff safety pinned it in the back so a nice Mormon girl could wear it. The kids were text book good yesterday and went to bed early. So off we went to the Marine Room. I have never been to a restaurant with such a beautiful view of the ocean. It wasn't overlooking the beach but it was right ON the beach. You can see the waves lapping up the sand right toward the window whilst you ate your dinner.
And the dinner was GOOD. Here's a pic of me with my food. They had it arranged all cool with a hole-infested cracker hovering like a flag over the most delicious fish I have ever had. We both thoroughly enjoyed almost everything on our plate. Afterwards while we were walking along the beach, we felt ourselves feeling a heavy buyers remorse for having spent such a large chunk of cash on one meal...but hey...we made it five years and we had two kids. We have to reward ourselves sometimes.

2 comments:

Cami said...

That sounds lovely. I think the shirt is fantastic. You gotta splurge on anniversaries for sure! congrats.

Kimberly said...

That's what anniversaries are for...spending money on yourselves and enjoying it! I think you can get more wear out of the shirt than you think. Sounds like it was a lot of fun and I will have to convince Devon to take me there sometime.