Here is a picture of two-year old Desi. At this age, Desi began to show signs of the person she would become. She used to open her arms as wide as they would go and tell me that she loved me “too much.” I remember that the bright spot of my day used to be going to her house and caring for her and her brothers and sisters. The neat thing is that those relationships have continued well past the years when I was with the kids on a daily basis.Desi is one of the sweetest and most fun of all the girls I know. She is so kind as evidenced by the fact that I have never heard her say anything mean about anyone. She is always up for doing anything I ask her. When we visited in May, Desi blew bubbles for Nicky for hours on end and never complained. She loved to make Nicky happy. She loves to talk to Nicky on the phone and Nicky loves to talk to her. Desi is a good friend. She recently organized and created a scrapbook for her 6th grade teacher’s wedding. Desi is always up for making someone else happy. I can’t remember liking my 6th grade teacher enough to do something like that.
Here are some pictures of some of my favorite times with Desi.
In September 2002 we took Desi, her cousin Jordan, and brother BG to Timpanogas cave. I remember laughing so hard as I watched Jordan and Desi (at age 7) consult their map and try to give us directions on the trail.
In this other picture, Desi is making an “experiment” with dry ice with her brothers BG and Scottie. (Nice nun porcelain doll in my Mom's doll collection cabinet!) Desi can be a little stinker too. She helped me a few times play practical jokes on people including her Grandmother. Remember the knocking on her windows at night and hiding?
Well there are too many stories and memories to detail here but I would just like to express my gratitude that there are beautiful people like Desi in this world. When there is such an emphasis in the news on everything negative, it is wonderful to know that someone as sweet, fun, and precious as Desi exists. I only need think of Desi’s beautiful smile and funny laugh to feel a little happier during the day.
2 comments:
You are such a good auntie!
HAHAHA I just randomly opened your site, saw the new pic and was showing Nicki off to my roommates. But then I read the story to discover that it's your niece!!! HAHAHA!!!
Holy wow! I was delightfully surprised on how much you added to the blog. I want to see that cool top with the back showing! I like the old pic of your old apartments, how cool to have saved those memories and remember what drew you to your wonderful husband!
I'll catch you later, I'll have to upload the pics of you two doing your illegal fireworks at such an old age (with kids too)!
~Your northern Cali buddy
Post a Comment