Tuesday, August 17, 2010

First Day

Lucky for the wimpy mother/daughter combo here, Kindergarten is only 3 hours and 20 minutes. Upon arriving home Nicky informed me that it felt, "soooo long" and she missed me the whole time.
After seeing Nicky in this giant line of 26 five year olds, Jeff and I both wondered aloud if Nicky could possibly learn anything. Too much homeschool indoctrination for us. She probably won't learn a ton in the classroom but she was excited about all the little girls and opportunities to make friends.
Poor Andy asked Nicky to play Scooby Doo with him before school and she said, "I can't play Andy. I have to go to Kindergarten." He kept complaining he didn't have anyone to play with until I put Christian down for nap, read him books, then took him to the grocery store and bought him a donut. He can't wait for Nicky to go to school again tomorrow.


This is a sad little picture. The clingy, separation anxiety, homesick genes run strong in this family. We walked Nicky to school and the whole walk back without her I cried. Then I got busy at home and suddenly it was time to pick her up again. Not so bad I suppose!


The boys in their jammies.

My pretty little big girl dressed in her fancy princess dress. She is most excited about her new clothes. Exciting her about what she'll wear tomorrow is the only way we're getting her to go back to Kindergarten. Hope she adjusts and makes friends quick.

2 comments:

Cami said...

It's a hard day for sure! That's kind of a long kindergarten (unless it's all day). Sometimes it's HARDER at home with the leftovers. I don't know what I'm going to do with jane with the boys gone again.

Marie' said...

Cute, cute! Love it. She will have a great year. I don't count on my kids learning anything academically at kindergarten. I teach them. They go to school to make friends and have lots of fun.