Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Naughty or Nice...the Jury is Out

Nicky put a Christmas surprise for me in this box and had me set it up on the fridge to keep it safe from the toddler. This is her second surprise in this same box. The first surprise she got out and gave back to me after I asked her if she knew where my mascara and blush were. I'm under strict orders not to look in the box. She assures me there is nothing in there that I'll need before Christmas. At first I wasn't tempted to look in but as the days pass and the box looms over my every meal preparation, I'm prone to curiosity. I won't look. I love little surprises.

I'm the recipient of various other early Christmas gifts. Andy gave me a "two double" kiss last night and whispered, "I only give those to people I really like."

Christian continues to attack my legs at every moment with tight hugs.

Not sure if I do much to deserve all the love. This morning was particularly bad and I may have even slammed the brakes on the car and honked the horn when the Nicky and Andy wouldn't stop their ever loving fighting on the way to school. It really was one of my more mature moments. Andy said, "I bet Santa saw that one!" I guess I'm on the naughty list for sure. Nicky's gift might be all I get.

3 comments:

Emily said...

That surprise gift is adorable. I'd be dying to know what is in it! Your kids are so cute and funny.

Also, I'm SO glad other people have moments of weakness so I know I'm not totally crazy!

Lisa said...

I love your little surprises and love your kids give you. If it makes you feel better I've done the same thing in the car with my kids :)

Anonymous said...

You are too cute and you deserve all that love and more! I love your driving school moment-come around my neighborhood and you can here me yelling at the kids to hurry, get out the door, be nice to each other etc. The list goes on and on. And I too slammed on my brakes the other night while trying to enjoy a family night of watching lights...mom can only handle so much! haha