Friday, July 13, 2007

Betrothed at Branbury


Next weekend is mine and Jeff's 5th anniversary. I was looking at old dating photos today and I can tell how much time has gone by just by looking at my old youthful self. I was so unscathed by childbirth and sleep deprivation. How lovely I looked! Jeff looks a little younger too. The above picture is of Branbury Park. It's the apartment complex in Provo where Jeff and I met seven and half years ago. It has a horrible reputation for all kinds of debauchery and was taken off the BYU approved list a couple of years ago. But it was the backdrop of our little friendship that turned into our great love affair. We always drive by when we are town and reminisce about our old roommates and adventures at Branbury.

One of my favorite memories with Jeff is the time that he came and got me and we went to the bowling alley and bought some old bowling pins. We took them back to Branbury and set them up in the parking lot and invited all our friends to come bowling with a basketball. After that was all over, Jeff and I took the bowling pins and set them all over my apartment in random places. I don't know why we thought it was so funny but both of us were laughing so hard I thought I was going to really pee my pants. I think it was just the randomness of it and that my roommates would come in and wonder why bowling pins were everywhere.

Jeff has always been so fun to be around and so easy to be around. He has a peaceful feeling around him. He is such a peacemaker and so kind hearted. Before I met him, I was always a bundle of anxiety. Just being around him all the time calms me down. He is just so dang adorable too. I am so glad we got married and even though we met at Branbury, I feel no shame.

So that is my rant and flashback Friday. I hope the kids behave next weekend so we can go do something fun without them.

3 comments:

Cami said...

Awww, shmooshy. That bowling sounds fun! So, Branbury got kicked off the housing list eh? The further you get from campus . . .

Kimberly said...

Where's the old pictures of you? I would have loved seeing what you looked like 7 years ago. One of these days I will have to show you mine. Boy, I know what you mean about feeling as if child-bearing and sleepless nights age you--they have me too!

Anonymous said...

I love the bowling story Melissa! Jeff is the kind of guy who appreciates that side of you that I loved so much as your roommate (12 years ago!). Such a fun impulsiveness that is even more valuable in a spouse, because life can be too mundane sometimes.