I'm tired. I have a grunter on my hands. Christian never cries but he is noisy. He loudly grunts and strains all night while he sleeps. There may be a periodic half hour where he sleeps deeply but then he is back making his cute by day but very obnoxious by night sounds.
The problem is I'm an anxious sleeper with a new baby. I can't sleep if he is not close because I worry I won't hear him but, ironically, I can't sleep when he is near because he is too loud. I'm so tired I end up falling asleep while nursing with the baby right next to me and I worry I'm going to smoosh him because I'm so tired. This all makes my sleep even lighter and less restful. To make matters worse, Jeff has left the bedroom and resorted to sleeping with Andy in the full bed. He can't sleep with the grunting either. It is all so dysfunctional.
What should I do? A girl here sleeps her baby in the other room and has a monitor on next to her. If I did that, wouldn't I just hear all the sounds on the monitor anyway? Experienced advice needed from better rested mothers.
5 comments:
Hi Melissa! Aren't babies fun!! (??) I will tell you that I have never had my babies in my room despite also wondering if they are okay and still breathing. But I say huge prayers for them every night and leave it up to the Lord. In the meantime everyone in my house is getting tons of sleep and we are happy during the day. You wouldn't believe the monster mom that comes out of me when I don't get sleep and that is just not good for anyone. So I go by the book, Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child to be exact and my 4 month old is sleeping 12 straight hours at night and being put to bed awake to do it. I do think that babies have their own personal nature but they also are completely trainable (is that a word?). I suggest to read the book and remember how important it is for you to be healthy and happy and if you don't have your baby right next to you you are NOT doing it at his expense. You are just teaching him good habits. Good luck and I hope you get some rest, us moms desperately need it!!!
Put him in another room and get some sleep!!!
The monitor doesn't work, unless you have a quiet one. The white noise mine made was louder than the baby. Scott moved our babies to another room after two weeks, every time. I had a hard time for a couple days, but got over it fine.
I need your new address for sending a Christmas card. Can you email it to marieocampbell@gmail.com ?
Our babies have slept really well in their own rooms. I always heard them cry. If you feel okay about it, I would move him to his own room.
Do you have a walk in closet? I put my middle baby in the closet for a while for the exact same reason! That way she was close but not so close I could hear the strange noises - I could finally SLEEP! Good luck :)
Post a Comment