Sunday, December 13, 2009

Nutcracker, Dentist, and Lake

It's been raining for three days and it's cold. Real winter weather is to be had after five years of no winters. I'm adjusting well because I'm from Utah. There's nothing wrong with some extremes in the weather as long as heaters/air conditioners are working.

The kids looked outside yesterday and Nicky said people might think we have a lake. That's my trampoline area that is flooded. I have all these spots in and out of the house that are waiting for an expensive item to make them whole. I also have an empty grand piano room inside. It looks like we'd better invest in a weed sprayer first.

Nicky and Andy went to the dentist this week. Nicky has two cavities or "sugar bugs" as I was told to call them. I am also to refer to the drill as "Mr. bumpy" and drilling teeth as, "cleaning teeth." It all seems a little deceitful to me but I'll go along. Nicky seems to like the vernacular.
There is one advantage I've found to having no friends for three months. Nicky and Andy have gotten tight. They don't fight as much and are very attached to each other. They play all day. They are such cute friends. When Nicky was in the dentist chair, Andy got concerned and held her hand. Nobody told him to do it. It seems so strange that time will someday seperate this unseperable pair. You grow up with seeing your siblings every day and then one day you live in different states.

Nicky and I went to her first Nutcracker ballet. I was really excited to take her because it was a tradition for my mom and sisters to go most years. She LOVED it. Her favorite parts were the pink dancer (I'm thinking sugar plum fairy) and the lady with the huge dress with all the bonbon girls underneath.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I too remember the days when my kids were each others best friends and protectors :( Now everyone is spread apart and I don't like it. I'm excited they'll all be home for Christmas. Darling pictures!

SuburbiaMom said...

So sweet--the holding hands! I have a grand piano room, too! Do you play?

KellyDiane said...

So precious...they are the sweetest!

Amber said...

My kids would have also been right out to the lake in the yard! Also,your Christmas card was so cute!!