He is still banished to his own room because of his grunts and machine gun noises but he's happy with his green binky and Velcro cocoon wrap. He sucks sucks sucks with intermittent groans and grunts all night long and we don't mind because we can't hear him.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Rejoice!!! He's Big.
Our little "Nugget" as we affectionately call him has doubled his birth weight at two months. Christian weighed in at his two month checkup at 10 lbs 13 oz. Dr. Del Mar (our pediatrician's name reminds us of the beach even if we can't live there anymore) was very happy and enthusiastically asked me what I've been feeding him. He says most preemies don't catch up to full term babies until six months to a year. I was happy to report that I've just been breastfeeding him. I haven't done anything special.
Time has gone both slow and fast these past two months. I'm filled with gratitude that babies grow and our tiny, fragile preemie is in the 25th percentile for weight when compared with full term two month old babies. He looks like a normal chubby baby. I love watching him grow stronger and all my sadness that he came too soon melts away as I kiss his big happy cheeks. I'm not sure, but I think I caught him smiling back at me this morning.
He is still banished to his own room because of his grunts and machine gun noises but he's happy with his green binky and Velcro cocoon wrap. He sucks sucks sucks with intermittent groans and grunts all night long and we don't mind because we can't hear him.
He is still banished to his own room because of his grunts and machine gun noises but he's happy with his green binky and Velcro cocoon wrap. He sucks sucks sucks with intermittent groans and grunts all night long and we don't mind because we can't hear him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yay!! He's adorable :)
He is a chubby nugget man! Good work missy!
Post a Comment