Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Time for Sleeping Issues

Here we sit at the computer. Just me and my bugged-eyed, fidgety baby at 10:30 in the p.m. We've reviewed all the books this week. I speak of Health Sleep Habits, Happy Child, Babywise, The Baby Whisperer, and The No-Cry Sleep Solution. My friend Bria who had her third baby at the same time as me has the baby who sleeps through the night. She follows Babywise. Christian has the naps down but he becomes crazy man after 4 p.m. He doesn't cry a whole lot but he can't settle down to sleep until about 11 p.m. I've let him cry up to 20 minutes. He falls asleep but wakes up ten minutes later. It's very perplexing. I'm wondering if he has an aversion to the leftover Valentine chocolates I've been eating.


I seem to always be the Mom with the bad sleeper surrounded by those who have orderly life. So be it I say. I'm not fighting it this time. I'll do my best but I'm not going to hate myself if there are older baby crying sessions or illegal nursing to sleep moments. These days Nicky sleeps through the night. Andy at least goes to sleep on his own now that we've put a mattress at the foot of the bed in the master quarters. I can't complain. I just hope we get it figured out before two years comes along. That's how long it took for Andy to sleep through the night. Yikes!


Christian's novelty still hasn't worn down as I thought/hoped. Nicky continues to squeeze, snoogle, grab, pull, tickle, hug (tight), and kiss Christian at every opportunity. She says, "I just lub him, he's just soooo funny. Boys are so funnnnny!" I'm not quite sure if he is human to her. When he cries, she watches with one eyebrow cocked and a strange smile on her face. It looks almost like the curiosity of one watching a frog dissection or evil experiment. Oh but she loves him and loves to make him laugh and loves to laugh at him when her loudness startles him.


Andy has warmed to the baby and says, "I love my baby brother" while stroking his head softly.


Looks like baby has finally crashed. I'm going to do likewise. I'm going to write a book one of these days called, My Child Doesn't Go by the Book.

No comments: