Geesh, I'm on fire today with my blogs. My message to all marrieds, and most importantly to myself, is cherish your spouse. I read something in Babywise that is so true. I'm too lazy to go find the book but it said that the love you and your spouse share is the biggest gift you can give your children. Other mistakes you make won't hurt them as much as a bad marriage will. It recommends putting your relationship first and your kids second. Everyone is happier that way.
One of the blessings of coming from a nasty divorce is you never take one day for granted with the one you love. So today I want to write how much I love my Jeff. I might not want to go a hundred years without eating, living off love. My stomach hurts after three hours. But I do love him.
He recently took some time to make a pinata with the kids and last Sunday he spent the whole afternoon making what turned out to be some greasy donuts. They loved it. Jeff is always listening to me bellyache about my deaths and household annoyances and sleep deprivation. He hardly ever complains. He's the one I always think to talk to when there is anything to talk about. I like how he gives me unexpected flowers and unexpected treats like a Cliff Bar under my pillow the other night. He's funny and sweet. I love him and I'm so glad we have our marriage and our little family.
I just love him. So yeah he can go to Europe without me and I'd still be here without resentments. Or, he can take me with him like he says he's going to. Yeah. The End.
1 comment:
How fun! Making home made pinatas reminds me of being in elementary school. Also, Home made donuts are definitely the BEST!!! We like to make ours with pillsbury dough biscuit dough...they're little, but so good. Saves having to make the dough. Also, the No-Cry Sleep Solution worked for me with Taylor, but she was 9 months old when I bought the book. I also read Babywise and it didn't work for me. Everyone has their own thing and each kid is different. Don't worry he'll sleep through the night when he's ready. How old is he now?
Post a Comment