Thursday, March 4, 2010

Some Purging and a Find

My cute younger sister Kelly came to visit last weekend. It rained most of the time, leaving us with not much to do but visit my closet. Kelly is all hip and lives the single life in Pheonix so she's up on fashion. Kelly critiqued and criticized my wardrobe. Items were deemed "too short" or "too stripy. Many a time when presented with an article of clothing, Kelly lamented aloud, "hello 1998, didn't I wear that when we lived at Branbury?" I filled two white garbage bags for gifting to good will. This left my closet looking pretty much how I feel anyway, like I have nothing to wear. I kept most of that old stuff just to prove I could fit into it. Sadly, even when I get to pre-pregnancy weight, things still don't look the same. Apparently I'd be out of the style anyway. So I don't know why I was holding on to everything. Jeff tells me to go buy new clothes but I'm still unhappy with my flabby mom midsection so it doesn't feel fun to shop. Many a girl I know was jealous to hear Jeff told me to go shopping. He's the nicest husband.Kelly and I went to the mall after the closet purge. Jeff took all three kids and it was such a fun break. We spotted some cute Uhg boots (man I probably spelled that wrong) at Nordstrom. The price tag said $170. I was looking for boots because they are the rage here in this rainy cold weather. Plus I don't have to worry about chubbies to wear them. Anyway, $170 is way too much for me but don't worry, Kelly is a genius. She found me some at the Icing store for $8. They don't have the name brand on the back, just peace signs, but they essentially look the same. They were the last pair left and miraculously my size. I got some new Gap jeans and paired them with the boots and I felt young and cute again...thanks to Kelly.

In other good news, Kelly tells me I don't have to throw out my 12 year old jean jacket because it is back in style. Hooray! Maybe most things will come back if I keep them long enough. Now on to getting back to shape and buying some of those cuter low-risers at the Buckle. Ha ha. Perhaps when the baby sleeps I'll have energy to do more than shower and get through the day.

4 comments:

Jen and her men said...

Too bad we don't live close. I need a whole, "post children" wardrobe too :) cute boots!

KellyDiane said...

You're so cute missy! I loved spending time with you and the kids. Hopefully I didn't hurt your feelings about "1998" You are adorable no matter what, and I totally love your hair and think you look amazing! Love you!

Marie' said...

Thank goodness for those sisters. I have one, too, and she keeps me informed.

SuburbiaMom said...

Lucky you--at least you've been given permission to go shopping!! A lot of blouses are loose fitting in the waist nowadays--maybe a couple of those cute numbers will lift your spirits!!