Nicky enjoys making her little brothers into girls. Here's Christian as Tinker Bell. Last night she put a wig on Andy and asked, "aren't you glad your hair comes on and off so you can be a boy and a girl?" Tonight as Nicky and Andy got out of the tub, Andy said, "Nicky you have a gina (vagina) and I have a gina." Jeff and I laughed while we corrected him.Here's another one of my favorites from the hotel at Disneyland. Nicky and Andy had their dolls in bed with them and then I added Christian. They love him to death. They constantly rub his head and call him "Baby By" and "Baby Boy." In the outfit he's wearing below, we say he looks like a chicken nugget. The kids like to laugh about that.
In other news, sleep training is in full swing this week. My friend Bria has a four month baby too and hers sleeps through the night. She's been giving me detailed instructions. She mostly goes by the book Baby Wise. I read the book but it is sure nice to have an instructor too. She's a nice friend. She's happy to take my calls whenever.The results are not all in yet but so far Christian is the best sleeper of my three kids. He takes four naps and only woke up once in the night last night. He did cry an hour and a half to go to bed the first night and 45 minutes last night. He went down tonight without a peep but he may wake up again. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
I know why it says in the scriptures that the Lord's house is a house of order. It's because it feels soooo nice to have things like sleeping and such in order. I was getting sick of holding an overtired baby every night until 11. It feels like I have time for myself again. On the plus side, I feel like I enjoy the baby more when I'm with him. More sleep is good for all of us.
The major drawback is being a homebody for four naps. I know it won't last forever so I'll just enjoy being imprisoned with my three sweet children. As long as they're sleeping.
I also want to add a bit about Christian's emerging personality. His temperament is mild. He does cry but is easy to calm down (unless we are sleep training then I restrain from calming him). He loves to smile, coo, and laugh. He's different from Andy in this way. Andy watched everything closely and was quiet. It was hard to get a lot of smiles and laughs out of him. Christian enjoys looking around to the extend that he has already stopped nursing well. I can't believe it's happening this early. Andy THOROUGHLY enjoyed nursing until 18 months when I had to cut him off so I wouldn't become one of those weird Le Leche moms. Andy was never distracted when at the breast. Christian enjoys being held and played with but doesn't seem to care for cuddling as much as the other two did. You can tell he nurses only for sustenance because he has to and then he wants to play and look about. Maybe that is also why he's the skinniest of all my babies. We love him and we're so happy he's part of the family.
2 comments:
Adorable pics. I love Baby Wise.
I am so glad you found your blog voice again.
My oldest meant business as a nurser too--I liked not feeling like my shirt was undone all day long--enjoy it!!
Post a Comment