The single biggest adjustment of our move has been not living within 15 minutes of the Pacific Ocean. We loved visiting the beach and, in San Diego, even if the water wasn't warm, the weather usually was. So we enjoyed the beach year round. On Sunday afternoon I told Jeff I wish we had a beach to walk along. He suggested we visit the nearest body of water, Folsom Lake. It wasn't the beach, but surprisingly it gave me the water fix I needed. I grew up in Utah playing on Utah Lake and Deer Creak
Reservoir most summers, so perhaps the lake made me feel at home. The spring sun beat down on our backs as we walked about the lake and sat beneath the scraggly trees. It is Spring!

There was a ladybug invasion by the water. Nicky and Andy sat for hours playing with the ladybugs. Nicky let them crawl up her arms, up her back, and was delighted when I told her they were crawling up her hair like Rapunzel's Prince. She even brought a few
stowaways with her to the car.

Andy was funny with the ladybugs. He talked with them. He held up his hand to look at one bug and asked, "are you nice?" Then when he went back to throwing rocks, he felt something on his head and said very sweetly, "hey, who's on my head?"

Andy is my cuddle boy. My mom always said I was her cuddliest child and Andy is mine so that basically means we cuddle any chance we get. He loves to grab my hands and interlock all the fingers while he says something like, "Mommy, I love you." I asked him this morning why he was up so early and he said, "Oh, because I love you." He says it all day. Plus his cheeks are so fat so he is scrumptious to kiss. He loves to kiss back. I never want him to grow out of this stage. Andy also has beautiful long eyelashes. He gets them from Jeff and his side of the family because I have nothing. When he gets upset or cries because he doesn't want to go for a nap, he gets mad because the tears get stuck in his eyelashes. He says really mad, "I got the eyelashes!" and then he wipes his eyes frantically until the tears are gone. He makes me laugh with his sweet ways.
No comments:
Post a Comment