Sunday, March 14, 2010

A Cleanly Surprise

Yesterday, I had a wonderful and cute surprise. I came out from the bathroom after my shower to find the kids had made all the beds. Nicky also straightened the couch cushions. They were so excited with themselves and showed me their hard work. This was one of the sweetest surprises they've ever given me. They better watch out now I know what they are capable of. I feel such happiness envelope me at the thoughts of not being forever responsible for the cleanliness of the house. Help is on the way.

The beds are not perfect of course but it's a good start.

The kids' charts got a lot of stickers for this incident. I made charts for them. They are unique because they have different things to work on.
Here are what the charts say:
Nicky
* Make Bed
* Sort Laundry/Put dirty clothes in basket
* Pick up toys
* Not bite yourself (Don't ask)
* Don't hurt Andy
* Go right to sleep at night
* Keep Andy out of trouble
Andy
*Make bed
* Pick up toys
* Eat fruits/vegetable
* Use the potty
* Hugs and kisses to everyone (He's good at this)
* Nebulizer (Nightly for asthma)
* Brush teeth
* Go right to sleep at night
* Sort laundry
Charts work really well for Nicky but not as well for Andy. I'm not sure if he's ingested a fruit or vegetable in over a month.


2 comments:

Kimberly said...

That is so cute!I love fun little surprises like that! I came home from work the other day and the entire house had been picked up. Dishes done, floor vacuumed, and all! It was terrific! Sorry to hear about your situation with friends...that's so crappy sometimes! You just need to find your niche...sometimes it just takes longer than others...it will happen though! We need to chat one of these days...it's been way too long!

Lisa said...

I LOVE it!! I love when my kids do those nice surprises :) Hang in there with the friends. I've had situations like that and they would eat me up. I finally learned to let it go. Occasionally I will get those gut wrenching experiences but it's a lot easier to let it go. For me it was a lot of prayer that got me to that point.