Wednesday, March 17, 2010
WinCo's Treachery
Jeff has begged me to grocery shop at the WinCo. It's one of those stores like Food 4 Less where you bag your own groceries. The draw is the food is cheap. Yesterday I finally obliged. As I bagged my groceries, I saw a sign that said not to double bag because it was bad for the environment and the bags are strong enough by themselves. So I bagged everything in single bags including the cans and headed home. At home, as I was transferring the bag of cans to the other counter to put them in the cupboard, a can of Amy's Lentil Soup broke through the bottom and landed on my toe. Should I sue? Ha ha, it hurt so bad. Jeff made me laugh because he said he was glad the can just fell on my toe and didn't fall and crack the tile. He was kidding of course but it brought a little humor to a painful situation. The kids were eating crackers at the table and sat with their mouths agape as the blood oozed out of the big toe. Fun times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ouch!! Don't you hate it when you do things like that and there is nobody in sight to blame?
I do have to say Winco is my favorite grocery store. It is employee owned with a great business model. It has a bulk section with fresh stuff. The spice section is amazing and cheep. I hope you don't give up on them. Just get some echo bags. I have several HUGE Costco bags I bring to Winco as well.
Ouch! Wish we had a WinCo's nearby. The Food For Less here isn't even close enough for me to go to. Instead I am an avid coupon shopper.
OH--I feel your pain!!
Post a Comment