Friday, May 14, 2010

Baby Book Guilt

I've done a baby book for each of the kids. Nicky's is filled with poems, memories, souvenirs, and pictures. Andy's book is filled with less of those things. Poor Christian's book is barley started and here he is already 7 months old. Where does the time go? Above is the boy's 6 month picture which I hurriedly obtained a few days before he turned 7 months (hey, at least it happened). Much effort went into clearing his skin of bumps, flakies, and eczema and his head of dandruff. We're talking many lathers of Selsun Blue and more face creaming than I do to my own old face. He looked smooth as his bottom the night before his picture but then, during the night, he grew a sharp nail and did damage to his forehead and nose hence the scabs.

To make up for his lack of baby book, I'll write a few things here. At 7 months Christian sits with assistance, smiles and laughs with abandon, and tolerates Nicky and Andy with saintly patience. He rolled over once in his crib and cried like he'd die and hasn't done it since. He loves eating and seems to prefer real food to breastfeeding. I found out tonight his favorite food is graham cracker. I gave him one while he sat in his high chair. He dropped it and cried passionately. I gave it back to him. He finished and crabbed for more. When the second cracker came toward him his arms shook in enraptured expectation and his mouth was open with desire. He had all of us laughing. He'll fit right in the family. Seems he likes goodies already.

Everyone says Christian looks like Andy. It's starting to bug me. Not sure why. I just don't see their identicalness. I probably just know them both so well that I see how different they are in looks and personality. Here's our Andy at 7 months. He was a man of cheeks, seriousness, and snuggling.


Christian is a giggly and little in comparison. I love them both dearly. Right now I like how Christian makes me smile cuz he's always ready to smile. I'm sorry for his un-filled out baby book but hope he knows he's loved just as much as everyone else. His mommy just had to sleep.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Don't feel guilty. I had very good intentions of filling out baby books for all of my kids and only really did the first one the way it should be also. My kids have grown & survived. I still have little twinges of guilt here and there but then I remind myself of the scripture in Ecclesiastes 3:1 that says "to everything there is a season.." I figure that after our last one is gone that is when I will make books and catch up on that sort of thing for my children. I was just too busy trying to be a good Mother and trying to get whatever sleep I could in the evenings as well. You blog and that's a wonderful source of family history/kid history for your children. I didn't even have that! I LOVE Christian's picture :)

Kimberly said...

I know that guilt all too well. I scrapbooked Taylors entire first year and then stopped and haven't done a thing for the boys...errr! Oh-well. The only thing that makes me feel slightly better is the fact that I blog and I organize their pictures on the computer. One of these days we'll catch up!