The other, yellow-eyed, latest edition is doing fine thanks to my efforts to get him to poop. He hadn't pooped for the whole week we'd had him. Jeff says there are no surgery funds for lizards who need to be de-compacted. So it was home remedy time. I treated Mr. Beardie to a warm bath and trip outside when it was 100+. All the warmth did the trick and he made a biggy out in the dirt. I couldn't help but appreciate that bit of thoughtfulness on his part. I had worried he might unload in the tub. I embarrassed myself because I didn't realize the neighbors were also out in their backyard until after I'd made a clap and yelled out to the kids, "yeah, Mr. Beardie finally crapped." I'm normally not so crude but I had worried we might lose our guy to his irregular bowels.
Here are the kids playing with their worms in the dirt. Notice the picture is taken with a screen door barrier. Here are some classic Andy announcements. He periodically came up to the screen door to give updates on his worm.
"I put my worm in wet dirt and he likes it."
"Daddy, my worm likes me. He's getting used to me."
"My worm will sleep tonight."
Surely these two are not my offspring. They handle the worms, crickets, silkworms, etc. as if they weren't disturbing in the least. They love the little creatures with sweet innocence and seem unaffected by wriggling and slime.
3 comments:
You crack me up, Melissa! Mr. Beardie sounds like a great pet, and your kids are adorable as always.
I so needed a good laugh after the long week I have had!! Yeah for Mr. Beardie!
Oh that was hilarious!!! I needed the laugh. I've had a headache all day :)
Post a Comment