Sunday, October 31, 2010
A Face Mommy Loves
Christian isn't a looker. As his mother I'm certain, and my feelings of treachery attest, this is something forbidden to say. Is it wrong to be honest? He has beautiful blue eyes and a mother couldn't love a boy as much as I love my baby. He has some issues. His nose runs like a faucet. Can a cold really last forever? His boogers tend to dry and cling to his nose holes. To remove those things is like cleaning dried super glue. Because of the runnies, his poor skin is chapped, chaffing, and red. His drool runs as much as his nose. His shirts are always wet and so are mine. He over eats and throws up. Because I can't bathe him all day, the majority of the time he smells like he's had the flu. The superficial part of me misses the oohs and ahhhs I got with my other two babies. They were fat and clean. No matter how hard I try, Christian wets and snots up all clean outfits within minutes.
Having said all that, now I can gush and brag and it will feel more natural. Christian is my easiest baby. He sleeps through most nights and has done for months. He laughs so hard and with abandon. He loves to kiss. Sometimes those open mouth sloppy kisses come with a one tooth bite. He has a wonderful calm and happiness about him. He seems musical as he loves to crawl over to the piano and play. He also coos during songs at church as if trying to sing. His favorite thing is to have Mommy or Daddy dance with him to music.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think he's adorable and I would 'ooh & ahh' even if he was wet and snotty :)
You're cracking me up! Haha!
He is adorable and not just to his mother :)
He is so cute, even with all that crap on his face!
He IS darling. But it's true, our babies always go through those phases when you say, "Only I could love you now!" Or you just think they are SO adorable, and then a couple years later you look at pictures and they look so ridiculous! Silly. He sounds like a DREAM of a baby.
Post a Comment