Saturday, October 2, 2010

Mini Golf

Andy begged us for weeks to take the family mini-golfing. Last night we made the excursion. Andy turns four years old next Sunday. The biggest change from three to four has been his ability to get majorly excited. He was a quiet baby and toddler. Last weekend the train museum brought him maniacal joy. Tuesday he was reved by his first soccor game. His first time at mini golf lit him up inside like a fire cracker. I couldn't figure out which was my favorite picture of Andy with his golf club so I just included all.


I love watching the kids have their firsts. The mini golf course was magic to them with its adobe church, saloon, and "beautiful" (Nicky) castle. Nicky let Jeff help her with her swing. He was so good about adjusting from his own right hand hold to her left handed grip. Andy just ran around with his golf club pushing, hitting, and eventually grabbing the ball and sending it where it needed to go.


I think the difference between children and adults is that kids are in the moment. My dad used to take me and my little sister mini golfing. While I watched the kids play with their dad I was sort of in two places at once. Not sure if that's good or bad. I laughed at the crazy, excited faces there in the moment and then when they'd be out of site, little tears escaped because it was just yesterday that my dad was around teaching me to hit the ball with the little golf club. It seems so yesterdayish that Dad could have come around the corner and not have been a surprise.

Soon this little guy will be out on the course. He pulls himself to standing. He's such a cute stinker. He had just barfed over a cracker and soaked himself before the picture and yet he still smiles on.



4 comments:

Lisa said...

Such great pictures and family memories. Christian is getting so big!

Marie' said...

Great expressions! I can feel the excitement. Love Andy's outfit too. Shoes included.

Skinner Family said...

You have such a cute family! I wish we lived closer so we could do family outings together. Someday we will have to get out families together :)

KellyDiane said...

Looove the how excited Andy looks in the pictures. So Nicky is a lefty for sure then? I went on a date mini golfing a few weeks ago and I had the same exact feelings. Really missed dad.