Thursday, November 8, 2007

An Angel in the House

Over the course of a few months, Nicky has transformed from demon tantrum child into a little girl that resembles nothing less than an angel plucked right out of heaven. There are still the tantrums here and there but nothing that will compare with that month from hell back in August. Maybe she is just happy to be home after all the travel. Whatever it is, I love it. She makes me smile and feel great happiness all day long. There is so much of singing and smiles to be had in the house. Here are some samplings of her little cuteness:

- She now insists on wearing church dresses instead of that mangy old striped "pretty shirt." Even though she technically shouldn't be wearing her sabbath best every day, I have welcomed with open arms anything she chooses to wear that isn't that rag.

- Whilst wearing her dresses, she twirls and sashays about the living room rug singing, "The Green Grass Grows all Around." She knows all the words and they sound so cute with that baby lisp.

- She still sings "The Lord is My Shepherd" in the tub. What two year old knows the words to that song?

-When I ask her to quiet down because Andy is sleeping or some other request, there is listening and obeying from time-to-time.

- She insists on wearing party hats most of the day. The other day she made Big Boy and I wear them as well as her bear whom she calls "party animal." She sings "Ta Ra Ra Boom De-ay" when pretending to party.

- She agreed to sleep in the Pack N' Play in my bedroom for naps. It just wasn't working for the two of them to try and nap in the same room in the afternoon. I asked her if she would sleep in that thing as sort of a joke and to my surprise she was excited to give it a try. Is this really my Nicky? Please let me keep her! I loved the old Nicky but this Nicky makes life enjoyable.


Just looking at this picture makes me laugh. I really can't believe she has napped in it two days in a row. My old Nicky was just not flexible like that.

3 comments:

Cami said...

I remember when Jefferson started complying with requests now and then, and really started sort of being a person. I loved that stage. Every now and then I see that Jeffy again. I like my big boys. I'm glad Nikki is being fun!

Amber said...

She is such a funny girlie. I love that she sings so much and how does she know those songs anyway?

heather peck said...

I cannot believe how much Nikki looks like you when you were little, you should post a picture of you and Nikki at this age...that would be fun to see!