Sunday, November 25, 2007

Three Days of Kelly

A visit from Kelly was the highlight of this year’s Thanksgiving. She was a good sport and ran Father Joe’s Thanksgiving 5k with me on Thursday morning. This 5k was a lot more fun than Oma’s Pumpkin Patch 5k. A couple of factors helped decrease my run time by ten minutes. There was no pushing of strollers, there was pavement, and there was the energy of 5,000 runners as opposed to 20. Kelly and I also liked how there were a lot of runners behind us so we didn’t feel like the slowest in the bunch. We were somewhere in between. There was a Thanksgiving feast at Marie Callendars that was sadly sub par. I think it is because they came out with those Marie microwave dinners a few years ago. So any time we eat at the restaurant we can’t help but think of the microwave dinners. There was a trip to the beach, to the zoo, and of course Sea Port Village. Kelly slept a lot and needs to get her Thyroid pill dosage up but was otherwise in good spirits. There was a little too much talking about old boyfriend James but we decided it was mostly because Jeff and I kept bringing him up.

Nicky LOVES Kelly. At any moment during the last four days Kelly was here Nicky could be heard asking, “Where Kelly?” or saying “I want Kelly to watch me take a bath” or “I want Kelly to change my diaper.” Kelly let Nicky paint her toenails and fingernails, read her books, and danced with her. Nicky is smitten. Kelly even still likes Nicky even though she witnessed something very disgusting. Yesterday, for no reason, Nicky strong armed Andy, put him in a head lock, put her finger up his nose and retrieved a booger and than proceeded to eat it. I think it was probably the most disgusting thing I have ever seen but we laughed really hard. It is one thing to eat your own boogers but I have never witnessed someone eat someone else’s.

So if you know any hot guys that are looking for a fun, hot, single professional living in Phoenix. Tell them about Kelly. She needs to lose ten pounds but she otherwise a perfect catch. (That last bit is an inside joke).

Here are some pictures:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was such a fun trip!!!! Thanks again for all the laughs! I still think that 5K hill was treacherous...shows you how much better shape you are in (I guess you'll have to go running more often with nicky in the stroller) :) I miss you guys, but can't wait to see you for christmas!

Cami said...

What a nice auntie. You guys are awesome for running races. Too bad you couldn't run Amber's!

Tribe M said...

I'm so sad nicky split her lip. Lance had blood on his shirt. Is she okay? It was so funny when he came into RS to get you we both kept thinking he wanted me...
Wow, i'm so proud of you for running the race! Way to go! Sounds like you had fun with your sister. I'll never look at Nicky the same now that I know she has eaten her brothers boogers! Just kidding!

Kimberly said...

Your sister looks and sounds like quite the catch! Too bad she's not in Provo, we could set her up with my brother (hee hee). Sounds like you guys had quite an exciting weekend! You are quite the athlete...I'm impressed. Where did Nicky learn to eat Andy's boogers...hmmmm...Just Kidding!

Amber said...

That is the sickest, yet also the funniest, thing that I have ever heard. Nikki is hilarous. Can't wait to see you guys!