Friday, December 7, 2007

Christmas Cards

The only time I look forward to getting the mail is in December. In December I find Christmas cards amongst the bills and junk mail. I love Christmas cards and the pictures of my family and my friends and their families. I put them on the refrigerator and every time I walk by I feel so happy. I love sending out our cards too. While I address my envelopes I think of each friend or family member. I remember the way that they touched my life, made me happy, or helped influence me to move in a better direction. Life is funny in that friends come and go. It is kind of like they are characters in a novel that is one's life. When old friends move away there are always new friends to come. It is almost like certain friends were meant for a special time period in my life. I hear it is sad but common for a lot of people to lose touch with friends as they get married and move away. I have had the experience of losing touch with some friends as well moving away from family. I love that at Christmas, there are the cards to remind me of many friends from the past as well as current friends. I remember how blessed I am that I have family and friends in my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm seriously thinking about doing my own Christmas cards this year...a single picture of me with the caption "From my family to yours, have a Merry Christmas!" Haha, maybe next year if I'm still single!!!!

Krustee said...

It's such a novelty to get fun mail. There is just not time to keep up with everyone throughout the year but Christmas is the one time I get to reconnect with friends of yesteryear. I love it too!