I decided since New Year's Day is right around the corner, it's time to start thinking about goals. I have always had trouble with goals. I think not being able to keep goals is my punishment for not taking the Young Women program seriously. I never got my medallion. This year I have some serious goals to achieve. Here is my list, one for Jeff, and I was even kind enough to come up with some for the kiddies.
My Goals
Eat better (Less goodies)
More service
Worry less
Have more fun
Those are nice and vague so that they can be nearly impossible to complete.
One for Jeff
Stop being so sweet. You are making me look bad. Just kidding. You can keep being sweet. I love it.
Nicky
Go to bed without crying
Wear own clothes (I am in a phase where I like to wear Andy's clothes)
Stop pushing, pulling, gouging or otherwise harming my brother in secret or in plain sight
Share my room with my brother consistently
Become potty trained
Andy
STOP Breastfeeding
Sleep all night
Sleep in own bed all night
Sleep in own bed all night while sharing room with Nicky
Begin to expand tastes to other foods besides Cheerios and chips
Walk (Andy did not start walking for Christmas as previously predicted. We are still waiting.)
I wonder if I am setting myself up for failure here? Any advice on achieving any of these?
7 comments:
I don't know, they sound pretty reasonable to me. Of course, I remember making goals for Jefferson once which were not completed until 2 years later. I don't make goals anymore . . .
Hey, those are great! Mind if I steal some of your resolutions, we'll work on them together!! And I like the idea of making some with kids, that is what we will do on New Year's Eve, work on goals as a family...you are so great!!
Oh, and also, I wanted to thank you again for the shirt you sent... you Amber, and Suzi are sooo thoughtful! A little tribute to you three on the peck blog! Thanks for all that you have done for me, Chris and the kids, you are a wonderful sister in law!
Love you much! Heather
You make me laugh missy! I love your blogs!!!!
If you figure out how to stop eating goodies let me know...I could use some help in that department too!
It sounds like you will have a very productive year! It always bugs me at this time of year when the gym gets really busy with all the resolutions! Luckily those peeps give up around February! I guess I should be glad that people care about their health. I'm going to change my attitude about that1
Very funny! I mean, not that your goals weren't serious... We informed our sons tonight that there is NO MORE sleeping in mommy and daddy's bed. I hope they believed us.
Post a Comment