Saturday, November 28, 2009

Christmas Spirit Instigation

Yesterday a package came in the mail from my friend Jeralyn. We were best friends when we were little girls and recently got back in touch through Facebook. Three handmade towels with hoodies were inside the package. All three are are embellished with ribbons. There are two green ones with frogs for the boys and a purple towel with butterflies for Nicky. They are absolutely darling. What makes them special is that Jeralyn made them herself. There is something extra beautiful about a gift that someone makes. I was surprised and touched by this generous gift. It totally made my day. We put our Christmas tree up yesterday and this gift put the giving mood of the season into my heart. Thank you Jeralyn.

Nicky kept asking me which of the towels was my favorite. She said, "Do you love the butterfly towel? Is it your favorite?" I replied, "I think all of them are cute." Then she says, "I know but if you had a favorite would it be the butterfly towel?"

This picture turned out fuzzy because someone is so wiggly. We loved the towels so much that everyone had to take a bath right away.

3 comments:

KellyDiane said...

That is such a sweet gift! I wish I could be so talented! Way cute!

Skinner Family said...

I am so glad you liked them! I am sure they will be well used :)

Lisa said...

They are darling! Look at that double chin on Christian!! :)