Saturday, January 15, 2011

Christian Happenings

I had a my freak out a few days ago about how Christian isn't even cruising or talking yet. He just turned 15 months (- the 6 weeks early). I even called the doctor who recommended a hearing test. The next day I actually tried to talk to to him and listen instead of running in a hundred directions and I caught him saying, "uh uh" (for uh oh) when he drops stuff. He also waves and says hi softly. He does say "dadda" often but it's mostly to himself and doesn't seem to be about Jeff. I also broke out the old cruising machine we bought in San Diego for Nicky. Nicky and Andy never used it because our condo was so small. After three weeks of mucky weather there was blessed sun yesterday. I took Christian out to the cul-de-sac with the other kids and he wouldn't let go of his cruiser. Poor Christian is suffering from late development because of busy mother syndrome.

I've been saying words repetitively and trying to be more conscientious about teaching him and listening.
In other news, Christian has finally become cute to others. :) The crusty skin and barfing are things of the past. Some old ladies stopped at our cart when we were in the parking lot at Costco. They were going crazy over him. I think that's the first time he's had some admirers other than me.

Poor guy came down with 102 fever and cough last night. He gets so stubborn about holding certain things I didn't dare take away the Motrin and syringe. Here he is sleeping with it. The Poison Control would have a cow.

4 comments:

KellyDiane said...

He is adorable! I loved holding his hands and walking with him when I was there...it's all just about being the laid back youngest child, what's the rush right? I love his big smile, he is so much fun to be around!

Emily said...

I have a special place in my heart for your little Christian, as he is the exact same [adjusted] age as my kids. I've always thought he is adorable. And medicine bottles/syringes are my boys' favorite "toy" in the whole world. We keep them around even long after they've been emptied to play with. Hey, whatever keeps them happy! I hope he's feeling better.

Lisa said...

I've always thought he was adorable! I can't believe how big he looks standing and pushing that cruiser. At first I had to look twice to make sure it was him!!

Cami said...

Poor guy. I hope he's feeling better.

It's always good to get kids checked out, but 15 months is the VERY earliest they do it. I think you're right (judging from your later post about this) to keep your own notes and see how he does for a little bit. I am always worried about Jane, and then I do a tiny bit of "therapy" with her (basically playing with her with lots of language), and suddenly she can talk just fine. Having been through both delayed/autistic kids and one typical one, I realize that everyone develops differently, and that sometimes you just have to be patient, but I will also ALWAYS watch for development milestones too. Good luck with taking your notes and talking to the intervention people! If you want any tips for some therapy-like play, let me know.