Christian loves to pull everything out of drawers. The other day I found this picture in the mess in my room he left behind. It's a fading Polaroid of me and is dated December 24, 1979. I was 3 1/2. At first I wondered why I'm sleeping with a pillow over my body and a blanket over my head. Then my eyes roved on to the funny wall paper and window covering. I noticed the drawers and laughed thinking how my drawers look the same at 34 as they did back then (with some clothes emerging). Lastly, I noticed the little houses sitting on the dresser. My Christmas houses. I always tell Jeff that when I was little I'd play with these little houses and imagine so much beauty and happiness on the inside. I felt like the house I grew up in was like a little happy Hallmark house. When my parents divorced I was a teenager. After their divorce, the traditions and family that I knew fell apart. I'd look at the little houses in the Hallmark store window at Christmas and feel like my days of being part of such a home were over.This Christmas Jeff bought me some little houses and wrote me a note. Among other things the note said that he felt like we lived in a little Hallmark house and it was because of all the nice things I do for the family and all the warmth I bring to the home. I don't think anyone has ever said anything to me so touching and perfect. I don't write this entry to brag but just to document a sweet moment. Jeff is the sweetest guy around and I'm so lucky to be his wife.

5 comments:
I just love Jeff!!!
That is so sweet of him. But, I have to agree--you do a lot to bless the lives of others!!!
That is a super sweet compliment! I think I took over that room when I was born...I remember that funky wall paper.
I just have to tell you how adorable your picture at the top of your blog is! You have such a cute family!
Well that brought tears to my eyes. Tears as it brought back the exact feelings and memories I have of growing up and tears of how sweet & thoughtful Jeff is. You are both amazing!
Post a Comment