Friday, June 29, 2007

Unexpectedly Potty Trained


Here's my girl doing a dry run and showing her, "I'm so proud of myself face." Nicky used the potty three times yesterday and another four times this morning. Lest anyone begin admiring my potty-training skills, let me assure you I was completely taken by surprise. I had no hand in encouraging her since I have always been in the frame of mind that potty training takes place around three years old. All I did was suggest she use the potty when she kept telling me she was peeing in her diaper. Maybe this lackadaisical approach works for Nicky since she is always in a big hurry to grow up and I’m in just as much of a hurry to have her stay little. All this staying in the nursery by herself and potty training makes me feel nostalgicish for her babyness. I know just because she started to wear panties doesn’t mean she is going off to college tomorrow. However, I know every little step of independence leads in the direction of her not being my baby anymore.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Yay, Nicky! Potty training is so much work in the beginning, but soooo worth it in the end!

Anonymous said...

Does she still sit and watch television at the same time...got to love a girl who can multitask!

Anonymous said...

Go Nicky!!!

Cami said...

One day that will happen to me . . . maybe not. Great job!