Who knew that the infant swing would be of more use after the kids grew out of being small babies. $100.00 and many hopes and dreams later, Nicky's colic continued despite the new, battery-operated, green swing with hanging teddy bears and endless lullabies. Andy enjoyed the swing but could never get in it without his older sister pushing him or trying to get in with him.
So to my surprise it is quite the hit now with both kids despite the fact that they are both too big for it. When Andy is in the swing, Nicky pushes him so hard that that the whole thing almost tips over and says, "Boy want higher?" and "De happy" (for "he's happy) and "Dandy, that fun?" (Nicky's nicknames for Andy are Boy and Dandy.) After Andy is done, Nicky hops on in and swings herself even though her feet touch the floor and she is causing one of the hinges to come loose on the top. I know this plaything is an emergency room visit waiting to happen but it is sure nice to have a little free time while there is something entertaining around for both of them. They enjoy this thing for at least 20 minutes which is quite wonderful considering the usual length of their little attention spans. (Don't worry, I supervise...at least while Nicky is pushing Andy.)
3 comments:
I always appreciate any moment of "free-time" that allows me to re-group and regain my sanity! It seems like it's always the smallest things that keep them the most entertained and happy for the longest amount of time. I loved that Nicky says "Higher Boy," that is just so cute! We used to call Luke "Bubba Lukey" and Taylor just thought that was his name and that was how she would introduce him everywhere we would go. Your kids are just too cute!
Oh, what sweet babies enjoying their swing! At least you got to use it at some point.
HI MISSY !!! I LOVE your BLOG, it's makin me think about doing one after I swore I would never. Anyways, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one that is taking advantage of my swing even though my son has outgrown it as well at 8 months. LOL
Post a Comment