Saturday, June 16, 2007

Playing Dr. Ou


I don't know if other people go to the doctor as much as we do. We have had so many ear infections and re-checks at our house. There are times when we are in that office twice a week. If we go a couple of weeks without needing Dr. Ou (prounounced "O"), I seriously consider celebrating. I hope that maybe the nurse and doctor will start to forget the first name status we are under. I think the inordinate amount visits must have spurred on this crazy obsession Nicky has with Dr. Ou. "Dr. Ou" was one of Nicky's first phrases and she talks to her when we go in the office. She says, "hi Dr. Ou" and "bye bye Dr. Ou" when the doctor comes in and out of the office. At home she started pretending to call Dr. Ou on her cell phone. She says, "Dr. Ou, I'm a little bit sick. I need some medicine to feel bedder." Nicky also has an uncanny ability to know when Dr. Ou is returning a call to me. One time was particularly embarrassing because Nicky kept yelling, "I want to talk to Dr. Ou" in the background while I was on the phone with the doctor. The request kept getting more frantic and was coupled with a high pitch and crying. Dr. Ou said, "Is that Nicky?" I had to lie and tell her I told Nicky she was on the phone. I don't know why I lied. It seems ridiculous now to be so embarrassed.

So last night I took Nicky to WalMart and bought her this little doctor set. As you can see, Andy is the unwitting victim. She kept wandering around all morning with the stethoscope and "ear checker" (I don't know the clinical name) looking for him.

3 comments:

Cami said...

So cute. At least she likes the doctor--she could be terrified.

Anonymous said...

Cute little doctor! That is funny about her obsession with her doctor.

Anonymous said...

I love the Dr. Ou stories! This picture is adorable, could they make the stethoscope any larger LOL!