Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Matt Lauer in Rancho Bernardo
Yesterday morning I was up early to take Nicky to her doctor appointment when our neighbor came pounding on our door telling us it was time to evacuate. We also got the reverse 911 call. It was pretty surreal as we loaded our photo albums and a change of clothes and drove through the ash and the darkened sky. It felt like a movie or something. I could hear sirens and the wind was blowing like crazy. We are now safe in San Clemente at a house where the owners are on vacation. They don't know us or anything but yet they are letting us stay. That shows you the kindness that people show out here. The kids are having fun with the toys because the owners have kids the same age. What is crazy is that I just turned on the Today show and Matt Lauer is in Rancho Bernardo. Rancho Bernardo is about 6 miles from our house and where we go to all our doctor appointments. All these places that are burning are right around our house, Poway (where we go to Walmart), Rancho Santa Fe (where all the rich live), Del Mar (where we go to our favorite beach park). It is all so crazy. I hope we get to go home soon and our house doesn't smell too smokey. Jeff hopes we can make some kind of smoke damage claim and get new carpet. I'll just be glad if the house is still standing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Whoa! I'm glad you guys are ok, and I hope your house makes it!! How scary!
I was watching the news last night and was thinkin of you guys. I'm glad your ok and hopefully your house holds up as well. I can't imagine how weird and scary that situation is. You never imagine that kinda stuff happening to you. Keep us updated. Love ya ;)
Hey thinking of you guys!!! Stay safe and let me know if I can help!!!
Love you guys
Yikes! Greg told Chris you guys had to evacuate, I hope it all turns out o.k. for you guys...keep us posted! Heather
Post a Comment