Over the weekend, Nicky kept using the phrase, “something's not right” when she was trying to go to sleep. The first night, “something was not right” with her blanket, fingers, toes, etc. The second night, she cried and cried because “something was not right with Mommy’s hair.” This one made me laugh although I should have been offended because I just paid fifty dollars for my new layered hair cut. I guess we’ve all had the feeling that “something's not right” and I had that feeling too when I visited my family in Utah over the weekend.
Something was not right with Jeff not being there. The second day I called him and told him that I was in a depression without him. I didn’t just miss him because he is a big help with the kids, but just everything in Utah reminds me of him for some reason. I missed my J. So he flew in Friday night and everything was better. He got there just in time for the first snow of the year Saturday morning. Nicky thought the world was a snow cone and was eating snow the rest of the trip.
Something is not right with my niece Jackie dating and having boyfriends. How did she grow up so quick?
Something is not right with my 13-14 year old niece and nephews (BG, Desi, and Jordan) thinking of me as an “older” momish person. It seems like yesterday that I was in junior high and I can remember when they were all born. Where does the time go?
Something is not right with Grandma Dee (my mom). We all know this but I was surprised when she came up from behind me when I was giving Nicky and Andy a bath and poured toilet bowl cleaner in their bath with them. I quickly got them out and restored clean water without making too big of a deal about it. Guess she was trying to give them a bubble bath or something. I miss talking to my mom and she has gotten a lot quieter lately. I wonder what she thinks about when she just looks around. She had a moment of craziness throwing a ball with the grandkids. She got the meanest look on her face when she was throwing. We were all laughing so hard at her expressions. My goodness, where is that rage coming from?
With Nicky
Evil, throwing the ball face.
Something is not right with all the crazy Christmas decorations in Lehi. But that is one of my favorite things about Utah. Everything is so tastefully done in San Diego where we live. I love how people just get all creative even if it is tacky. Here are a couple of my long time favorites. The shooting star and some other concoction.
Something is not right in Utah when Kip, Heather, kids, Gregg, Todd, and Kelly are all out-of-town. I missed seeing you all. We had fun with Gregg’s kids and Amber and kids. Amber made the most delicious dinner of honey baked ham and scalloped potatoes and S’s rolls. Jeff hasn’t been that well fed in months. We love spending time with Amber and kids. Something wasn’t right when we had to leave them all behind at Temple Square. We love you guys.
6 comments:
Forgot to mention my favorite Jillian comment. On the ride up to S.L. last night she says, "All the boys in my class love me and are not afraid to say it." She is in the 1st grade. So funny.
I'm glad you guys had a good time...I love the pictures. Oh and I especially love the photos of those homes with christmas lights...That is my favorite thing to laugh at this time of year!
That is a lot of things "not right" in Utah! Seems like a lot of things are right too, though. That is cute that she thought something was not right with your hair. Ha!
I'm so jealous that you got to have snow while you were in Utah. The snow came after we left! Looks like you had a good trip. I know what you mean about being away from your hubby. I can't stand being away from mine for overnight things...it always feels so right to have him around. Glad you're back, we'll see you soon!
You are so funny! Sounds like you had fun. I'm so glad that Jeff was able to come. I would have been sad too. You're hair looks "quite right" in all the pictures. I love the pics of the snow and kids. That's so cute that Nicky was eating the snow. How scarey about the bathing incident with the toliet cleaner! AHH! I am still laughing at the pictures of the crazy light decorations! Glad your home safe.
The sledding pictures make me real envious! How fun. This is all so funny. Well written.
Post a Comment