I’m usually not the type of person that gets fired up over someone’s opinion but this blog really bothered me.
http://mormoninquiry.typepad.com/mormon_inquiry/2008/04/flds-remember-t.html
This guy claims that non-Mormon people are so dumb that if we offer any help or sympathize with the FLDS to the media, the general public will get the idea that we are somehow related to their church. He says to keep a low profile and let the FLDS self destruct. I’m sorry but my non-member friends are intelligent enough to know that those gingham-dressed, cousin-marrying polygamists practice religion very differently than I do. I still think it is ok if they know I sympathize with a mother losing her children. I sympathize with those 400+ children that are wondering when they can go home. I’d probably tear my hair out if I couldn’t see my kids. I would be a crazy person if I knew they were in a foster home rather than tucked in bed in the next room. Most of these people are living the way they were taught (brainwashed) to live. They aren’t all Warren Jeffs. I know this is a sensitive issue and little girls shouldn’t be married off as teenagers. But let’s be careful about taking babies and small children from their mothers! This is a traumatizing situation. I find it strange to say that we shouldn’t be sympathetic and helpful or people might think the Mormons belong with the FLDS. Are people out there really that ignorant? And if they are, does it really matter to me?
http://mormoninquiry.typepad.com/mormon_inquiry/2008/04/flds-remember-t.html
This guy claims that non-Mormon people are so dumb that if we offer any help or sympathize with the FLDS to the media, the general public will get the idea that we are somehow related to their church. He says to keep a low profile and let the FLDS self destruct. I’m sorry but my non-member friends are intelligent enough to know that those gingham-dressed, cousin-marrying polygamists practice religion very differently than I do. I still think it is ok if they know I sympathize with a mother losing her children. I sympathize with those 400+ children that are wondering when they can go home. I’d probably tear my hair out if I couldn’t see my kids. I would be a crazy person if I knew they were in a foster home rather than tucked in bed in the next room. Most of these people are living the way they were taught (brainwashed) to live. They aren’t all Warren Jeffs. I know this is a sensitive issue and little girls shouldn’t be married off as teenagers. But let’s be careful about taking babies and small children from their mothers! This is a traumatizing situation. I find it strange to say that we shouldn’t be sympathetic and helpful or people might think the Mormons belong with the FLDS. Are people out there really that ignorant? And if they are, does it really matter to me?
2 comments:
What kind of Christians are we if we don't sympathize? If there is abuse going on than they do need to be removed until the mothers get with it and get themselves into a better situation. Foster homes aren't always the safest places either. This is a tough one. I digress. Maybe that guy should stop wearing suspenders and sporting an Abe Lincoln beard and he wouldn't have to be so concerned with being associated with the Polygamists.
Crazy!!! That's all I can say, plus I have to get back to work :)
Post a Comment