Saturday, April 5, 2008

The Birthday Party

It may seem like Nicky's birthday will never end and that is because it hasn't. However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. The everlasting birthday ended today with the big friend birthday party finale at a railroad train park in Poway. Even though I've been dragging my feet on having the party it turned out really nice. The park with the big trees and the fun steam engine train added the perfect atmosphere. Nicky may not remember anything that happened but at least we have the pictures to prove that we tried to do something nice to commemorate her little milestone. It was so fun to have all her friends and parents join us to celebrate. I will let the pictures do the talking.


Nicky enjoying her view from the train.




This is our neighbor and friend Ally. She is five years old and still puts up with and acts like she really likes Nicky even though Nicky is two years younger. While we were on the train I saw Ally reach over and grab Nicky's hand and I just thought it was the sweetest thing. We love Ally.



I think this was the point in the ride where we were "rewarded" with a third trip around the tracks because we were a birthday group. The adults were laughing because it really felt like it was time to get off and yet here we were going again.




These little boys are just too cute.


This is the point in the party where Nicky actually brightened up. You can see her lights going on at the point where the cake comes out and it's time to sing. We forgot to bring candles but she didn't mind blowing out pretend ones.

This is Jeff doing his best to cut a piece of rainbow for all the girls.





I was a little sad that our camera didn't have batteries for the first half of the party. I wish I had a picture of Luke being crazy for Nicky and making her laugh. We love the Dowdells and I wish we had some other picture where they are looking. I guess Taylor is sort of looking whilst enjoying her frosting. Cute kids. Hopefully Devon got some better pictures.


Eating cake with my little guy.

Here is Nicky's little friend Reagan. Regan said, "Nicky can have the first piece of cake (since she was the birthday girl) but I will have the second."

I told Kedrick I would give him a cookie the next time I see him if he would pose with Nicky. He obliged so I will need to remember to be housing cookies the next time he comes over. I know him well enough that I am sure he won't forget my promise. I love this picture. Happy birthday Nicky! Let's not talk of your birthday again for another year...hooray!

6 comments:

Cami said...

That sounds like QUITE the party! It's kind of nice when birthday festivities end. I'm actually looking forward to my b-day next week just so it can be over and done with!

Kimberly said...

The kids were so excited when they got home, they had a great time! I'm glad Luke made Nicky laugh...he can be so "crazy" sometimes!

Amber said...

Happy b-day Nikki! I am the worst Aunt, but rest assured the nieces and nephews that live close get the same treatment!!! Funny how those b-days just tend to drag on and on. Anyway, we will see you in a few days! We can't wait to see you and your newish place etc. We may not come until Sunday morning, so I will call you. I thought that we were meeting up with Jordan't friends on Saturday, but it isn't until Sunday morn., so we will stop by their condo and they head down. I think you said your church was at 12:30 so we will try to make it by then. If not, we will come by 3:30 when you are done and party all night long and into the morning hours! I'll call you when we get to CA!

KellyDiane said...

Wow, that was quite the
B-day/week/month! Was the train crawling at 5 mph, all the adults looked a little bored! Way fun, sad I missed the parties!

Unknown said...

Thanks for leaving me a comment! Kimberly's told me a lot about you...I'm a blog-stalker too! Now we can be blogging friends! Your kids are super cute!

Krustee said...

What a fun party! I can't beleive you got Kedrick to pose. I was wondering how you do that after you emailed the picture!