Some of you may know that Andy has struggled to enjoy whole milk. When offered, he usually flings his cup across the room. One day we were at Wendy’s and I noticed him enthusiastically drinking his root beer. This morning I poisoned his milk with a little root beer and offered it to him with the straw and he drank it up happily. Today he was a root bear float kind of guy. Hopefully he will do this tomorrow too. If I have learned one thing in this parenting business it is to never breathe a sigh of relief.
Sadly, I don’t have a picture of Andy drinking his root beer float because Jeff took his camera with him to his retreat in Palm Springs. Yes, Jeff is again out of the house for the 3rd time in less than a month. I am getting really bugged. Darn this having to work for a company stuff! What makes it particularly annoying is that this week’s trip is meant to help Jeff’s group “bond.” They’ve been having expensive dinners, trips to the casino, bars, off-roading trips in the desert, not so PG-rated comedy shows, etc. Hello! My kids need to bond with their daddy too! Is this really more important? Annoying! Hopefully everyone will still recognize Jeff when he gets home tomorrow.
Wow, sorry for the tangent. Anyway, this having a boy is fun stuff. Andy is obsessed with all things with wheels that make noise. He has a favorite book about tractors now. I thought my education was finished after college but I have now learned to identify giant excavators, tractors with tread, rotary hoes and the like. They are building a new school by our park. Lately, Andy has been climbing up the stairs to the slide only to sit on the top stair and watch the tractors at work. While he sits he points and says, “tractor” over and over.

I have also noticed that Andy does scientific experiments with his little cars. Instead of touching things with his hands, he does everything with a little car. You can almost hear his mind at work while you watch him. “What would happen if I put the little car down the vacuum hose? Mommy’s cleavage? Dropped it in the sink? In the toilet? Nicky’s head? On the refrigerator?” I find cars in the most random of places. They’ll be in the baby wipe box, under Nicky’s pillow; between books in the shelf…anywhere that Andy might go. He is always experimenting with the cars. Funny little guy.
Sadly, I don’t have a picture of Andy drinking his root beer float because Jeff took his camera with him to his retreat in Palm Springs. Yes, Jeff is again out of the house for the 3rd time in less than a month. I am getting really bugged. Darn this having to work for a company stuff! What makes it particularly annoying is that this week’s trip is meant to help Jeff’s group “bond.” They’ve been having expensive dinners, trips to the casino, bars, off-roading trips in the desert, not so PG-rated comedy shows, etc. Hello! My kids need to bond with their daddy too! Is this really more important? Annoying! Hopefully everyone will still recognize Jeff when he gets home tomorrow.
Wow, sorry for the tangent. Anyway, this having a boy is fun stuff. Andy is obsessed with all things with wheels that make noise. He has a favorite book about tractors now. I thought my education was finished after college but I have now learned to identify giant excavators, tractors with tread, rotary hoes and the like. They are building a new school by our park. Lately, Andy has been climbing up the stairs to the slide only to sit on the top stair and watch the tractors at work. While he sits he points and says, “tractor” over and over.

I have also noticed that Andy does scientific experiments with his little cars. Instead of touching things with his hands, he does everything with a little car. You can almost hear his mind at work while you watch him. “What would happen if I put the little car down the vacuum hose? Mommy’s cleavage? Dropped it in the sink? In the toilet? Nicky’s head? On the refrigerator?” I find cars in the most random of places. They’ll be in the baby wipe box, under Nicky’s pillow; between books in the shelf…anywhere that Andy might go. He is always experimenting with the cars. Funny little guy.
6 comments:
Isn't that funny how boys just gravitate to boy things without our help? I love his car explorations.
Is that a picture of Andy drinking a mini root beer float? It kinda looks like he's smoking a pipe. Funny.
While in the car, Luke would point at every truck, bus, etc. and say the name. We all became accustomed to getting really excited when we saw different kinds of trucks on the road and point them out to him. It was so cute. I was so sad when, all of a sudden, I realized he wasn't pointing and saying the names of the cars anymore.
How's the weaning thing going? Are you feeling any better?
Boys are a nice break from dealing with girls and their drama !! lol lol....That's hilarious about the milk. Kalei was like that...she has never been a milk drinker at all. Have you tried chocolate milk with him ?? I'm sure he would love that as well. Your kids are cute...I love to read your stories !!
Very creative approach to getting the milk down! I think all of us mothers need to go have a "team building" trip of our own! I'm with you on the boy thing....I know more about trains and trucks and tractors than I ever thought I would. Andy is so cute always clutching his cars!
That made me crack up! I can't believe you spike his root beer with milk. Funny stuff. Gavin won't drink soda because of the carbonation. And I have had the same experience with finding cars in the vaccum hose and everywhere. He won't let go of his Mator and Mcqueen. He sleeps with them, eats with them and brings them to the bathroom. Boys.
Post a Comment