Monday, May 5, 2008

Stories of Jesus


Lately I've been telling Nicky stories about Jesus. They seem easier to discuss than Book of Mormon stories. Stories such as those containing the removal of Laban's head or the burning of Abinidi would be tough to take for a three year old. So I decided to stick with Jesus for a little while. Not only do we talk of His miracles such as walking on water and healing the blind, etc., I tell her my personal stories. Yesterday morning we sat and watched a video that came in the Ensign once. It shows snippets of all the miracles and the Resurrection. During the film, I had the strangest feeling come over me. It was just a feeling of knowing that I knew the Savior personally somehow. Not only do I know Him, but I longed so much to be near Him. It seems like just 5 minutes or so of just sitting next to Him would make the personal struggles and anxieties rest. I am so glad for the experience of teaching Nicky about the Savior. It has helped me remember him better too.

3 comments:

Cami said...

Very nice. Sometimes I am doing FHE and I think everything is so commonplace, and then suddenly something touches me as so true and important. I guess that's part of teaching our children.

Krustee said...

I was reading to Kedrick from the new Friend today and I got choked up at everything. It's amazing to me how deeply we want to communicate fully how we feel to our children. I get impatient with the whole line upon line thing.

Drew said...

It's nice to do back to the New Testament sometimes, but don't forget the stories of Jesus IN the Book of Mormon! 3 Nephi is an amazing story!