Saturday, June 7, 2008

Full Nights of Sleep

This will be a boring post. I am back to sleeping a good 7 1/2 hours per night this week and the world is liveable. No more drama. This week I enjoyed taking the kids to the beach twice, the zoo, and even the park. Jeff took Nicky to the Father/Daughter campout last night. She LOVED it. She said her favorite part was roasting marshmallows. Jeff spoiled her this morning and took her for a horse ride.


Andy enjoyed the house and his toys to himself. Lately Nicky has been harassing Andy by giving him excessive hugs and saying, "oh sweet little boy." She also pats him and touches his head while saying this. Because of all the handling, he screams whenever she gets near him. With the absence of his sister, Andy was an angel. I didn't hear a peep out of him other than car sounds, train noises, and growling while he was playing with his cars.

Upon Nicky's return this afternoon, there was a few seconds of sweet reunion where Andy said, "hi" and gave Nicky a reciprocated hug and kiss. It was so short lived, I couldn't even get a picture but cute nonetheless. Andy is thinning out nowadays and getting taller and older looking in general. He was an angel to be alone with.

I guess it is time to organize the sock drawer again. There is mismatching going on. If I get another full week of good rest, I might be up for sorting kid socks.

8 comments:

Cami said...

I think the mismatching is cute!

Well, I was on my way to a decent night's sleep, thinking I had my baby's sleep schedule under control. But last night I was up for 2.5 hours trying to get her to sleep, and just now she screeched for a whole hour just for a silly nap. Just when we thought we were turning a corner . . . Anyway, I have to remember that it takes ages. Congrats on your sleep!

KellyDiane said...

A horse, a horse!!!! Have my mishaps (a plate and 5 screws in the left leg) been ignored!!!! Such a sweet girl to be on such a terrible animal!

Andy looks very different to me...his hair is so blond too!

Any word on a phoenix trip!?

Melissa said...

Kelly, Medallion was a hand led gentle horse. Quite different from the wild mustang that broke your body. Just looking for specials and I will join you in Phoenix sometime in August. And I'm sure there will be a special because it is hotter than hell at that time of year.

Krustee said...

I'm sure both kids were in heaven to be spoiled with one on one attention. That is so nice sometimes. So glad Nicky had fun and Andy got to experience being an only child, if only for a few hours. The socks are stunning.

myspoileddogs said...

Ahh a horse ride sounds like so much fun! I bet Nicky had fun with her Daddy!



The mismatched socks are cute!


Are you guys coming ot SLC anytime soon?

Kimberly said...

I'm glad you've found your way back to sleep!

Tribe M said...

He IS looking grown up! It's fun to have a boy and girl and see you and Jeff's traits in both of them. Sounds like Nicky's getting some great alone time with daddy. Gavin would die to go horseback riding. Glad your getting sleep. I just got my first uninteruppted night last night too. Love your comments. They always make me laugh!

KellyDiane said...

Haha, I just realized Andy's socks are totally mismatched! Funny.