Andy must have been thirsty for his favorite soda this morning. He pulled a liter bottle down from the shelf. Given the laws of physics and Andy's size and the root beer's size, the inevitable happened. Nicky, Andy, and I all witnessed the biggest indoor explosion of root beer that I have ever seen.
To give you an idea of the magnitude of this thing, there are still root beer splats on my dishes that were in the closed cupboard. Root beer was on the ceiling, carpet, floor, walls, and all over Andy. We are just glad he was sticky and not hurt. Both kids were screaming their lungs out especially Nicky. She cried and cried that we needed to get a new bottle of root beer. When I finally got her settled down enough to talk about her feelings, she said she was really scared that Andy was going to get hurt.
Luckily no one was hurt and Jeff was working from home today. Otherwise, I would have taken the kids and left the house. And I am not kidding. After Jeff and I scrubbed every inch of the ceiling, walls, cabinetry, refrigerator, stove, etc. and mopped the floor three times, we still felt the need for the carpets to be cleaned. So I guess we have nice clean carpets out of the deal.
Somehow the kids know how to make awful situations cute. Jeff and I looked from our cleaning and saw Andy with a rag and Nicky with a sock trying to mop up the mess on the floor.
7 comments:
That is hilarious! I can only imagine the explosion...you will be finding rootbeer splatter marks forever. That happened to me, once, while trying to give Taylor medicine. The syringe thingy wasn't working right and as I tried to push the fluid into her mouth, it sprayed out and sprayed the walls, carpet, extra. I was amazed at the heigth of some of the marks. We continued to find pink splatters in random places for quite some time. Ahhhh, the things we do to get our kids to eat fruits and veggies and drink their milk!
That is an awesome story-maybe not at the moment but for everyone not involved it is hilarious! Your blog is great, you have a wonderful way of expressing yourself! And yes we definitely need to get together soon! Maybe this weekend?! Let me know!
Ahh that is so cute that the kids tried to help clean! That pic of Andy is so cute!!
I'm amazed that you were able to say something positive about an AWFUL situation! It's funny, but probably not at the time. Luckily your hubby was home!
Oh my goodness! That sounds like a horrible mess!! That is a cute picture though, and I'm glad he wasn't hurt.
That's so crazy! Super cute picture of Andy trying to clean up the mess, and so sweet of nicky to be worried about her little brother...I miss you guys!
Wow! I didn't know soda could do that. Love that the kids were trying to help clean up and not splash around in it. My kids would have been terrified.
Post a Comment