There was so much of waking and crying in the night that Andy and his crib were moved to the master suite. I expected Andy to continue his habits and was surprised when a week went by and there wasn't a peep from 8 p.m. to 7 a.m.
Thinking the problem was solved, we moved him back in with his sister. That night, at midnight, Nicky screamed out in her sleep, "AND THEN I WILL GET OUT." Random. We spent the next two hours getting Andy settled down.
So he is back in our room. The air mattress and living room are the adult accommodations. I can't complain about the full nights of sleep. Don't kids share rooms all the time? I have friends that put three in one room. Doesn't look like that is our path. The mystery of Andy's waking is solved but now we need to grow a third room.
5 comments:
How the heck do you sleep on an air mattress every night and get up and walk around the next day? Those things make my back so stiff. Well, at least your problem is solved. And, about the third bedroom thing, I will start house shopping for you...I think you need to move here!!! No exceptions and no arguing, I've already made the decision for you...he he!
Congratulations on a full night of sleep!
Now I am really wishing I had talked to you about our Westvale house before we turned it over to the landlord. You would have liked the fenced yard and three bedroom setup. Andy is so cute though, and I'm sure it is hard to face him being so sad at night.
I can't believe you threw red panties on the stage....ha ha ha!
Oh, the sharing room issue. We had our kids in their own rooms for a really long time, but pretty soon they started wanting to be together. Jeffy would sleep on the floor in Ethan's room. But the thing is, even when in separate rooms, they'd yell to each other and things. The noise issue wasn't that much of a change when they were together, they just play too much now and it takes forever to get them to sleep.
I don't know what you should do, but they'll eventually get used to the noise the other makes--unless there never is much noise. Then I guess, good luck.
boy, I'm with you. I cannot figure out how people have their kids sharing rooms. Hasn't worked for the bunkers yet.
Post a Comment