Today we celebrated Jeff's existence. It's his birthday. On the way home from tonight's Sea Port Village festivities, I thought of my luckiness at having a husband that is still alive (a couple of husbands have died in our ward). I also thought of my mother-in-law. It hit me that one day Andy may marry some strange woman. He may even move hundreds of miles away and have kids and share a home with her. I feel jealous already. What a gift from a mother-in-law is a husband! She did all the hard work and now I reap the benefits. Jeff has a kind spirit and a peaceful nature about him and so does his mom. Jeff's mom has always been so kind and welcoming to me. I want to thank her for having Jeff and handing him over to me when he was all finished. Well, what isn't finished I can hopefully fix by the time our lives our over :). I love you J and happy birthday!
Here are some of my favorite pictures from the day.

I'm glad Nicky didn't have a camera on me. I was enjoying batter too.

The finished product

A little family outing by the aircraft carrier at Sea Port Village

Daddy and his guy

Nicky made a bunch of colored pages for Jeff's birthday present. I asked her if she'd like me to make hearts out of them and she could hang them up around the house. She got the hugest smile on her face and said, "Mommy, that's a really, really, really good idea." Gave my ego a huge boost! Apparently I had a brilliant idea today. I must be smarter than I thought.
8 comments:
Happy birthday, Jeff!!!
That is a cute family picture in front of the air craft carrier. You look great.
I always thank Scott's mom, too. From what I hear, Scott was a difficult teenager to deal with. I got him after his mission when he decided to take life more seriously.
Happy Birthday Jeff!!! It looks like the family had a wonderful day! Jeff, you are such a wonderful guy-I have such fond memories of you from the mission and I am so glad that we get to hang out here in California now and again! Melissa, you are a good wife and a good mom! I love the batter pic-looks like how I make cakes, cookies, brownies etc. And I too love the family pic in front of the aircraft carrier-what a great picture! Hey, let's get together this weekend-beach, camping??? We can continue the birthday celebration all week long! Let us know!
Happy bday Jeff! Glad you guys had a great day!
Wow...Jeff and Devon are only one day apart! Happy Birthday! You're such a nice wife!
That IS a good idea. Very cute. Happy birthday Jeff!
Happy Birthday, Jeff! I forgot that his and Devon's birthdays were so close. Looks like a fun day!
Happy Belated B-day to Jeff! Love the pictures.
Happy, Hapy belated birthday Jeff! I know it is well past your special day yet I wanted to add my 2 cents!
Best wishes to you and your beautiful family!
Post a Comment