Thursday, May 14, 2009

A Sigh of Relief, sort of...

So Enrichment night is over. I deleted my complaining post of last week but in it I said that I had to take charge of the nutrition class for Enrichment because all the real experts the 2nd counselor really wanted flaked (ahem, I mean had other things they had to do). (I'm the Enrichment leader so I filled in instead of opting to cancel the whole thing.) It ended up being good for me to talk about nutrition. I remember how I do need to keep my glycemic index stabilized so as not to end up visiting the dialysis clinic three times a week in later years like my dad. The sampling food all turned out well and everyone loved the agave carrot cake though I am really skeptical about something that sweet and moist being "healthy." My eternal laryngitis even let up for one night to allow for the presentation. Don't worry I sound like a chain smoker again today.

Anyhow it is done and I am so glad. I am tired these days. Even with full nights of sleep behind me, I feel like having a little napsie at any given time. I forgot how tired being pregnant makes me.

In other news at our house, we are in the midst of escrow and it seems we really are selling our condo. The termite guy even came today. I'm a little panicked mostly because it takes me a gazillion years to make friends and then once I do they are best and dearest friends. Saying goodbye to friends is the worst part. Second runner up is not knowing where we are going to go. I like the idea of Sacramento but Jeff says it is, "blah." He promised to analyze his feelings and reveal more what that means tonight. He likes a city that is more bustling and big but can't explain way. I believe him, just can't understand myself. Sacramento seems nice with its affordable nice houses, good schools, proximity to family and various sites and camping. I guess we will see.

And lastly, Andy is hungry. The first thing he says when I pull him out of bed is, "I'm hungry." He even wakes up in the night a couple of times a week claiming the same. I think I feed him. But he is always begging to open the fridge and find, "somting else" to eat. I think I will mark the last few months down in his baby book as the hungry months.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

You did an amazing job last night and I only came because of you! :) I knew you guys were putting your place up for sale but I thought you were staying here. I can't believe you are going to move out!! I don't want you guys to leave :(

Marie' said...

That is a big job to put an enrichment meeting on. Good for you. Are you searching houses on the net like crazy? I did when I found out we were moving.

KellyDiane said...

I think you guys should move to arizona!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, how exciting about your house-exciting, sad (if you move far away), and nerve racking too I imagine! We definitely need to get together soon, especially if you guys are moving! And I bet you did awesome for Enrichment night. I am interested in trying this agave cake!

Skinner Family said...

Good luck on the house hunting! I wish my boy would complain of hunger, it is like pulling teeth to get him to eat (unless it is candy).

SuburbiaMom said...

Santa Clara is pretty nice, and close to bigger places like San Jose and San Fran. Walnut Creek is in between Sacramento and San Fran (closer to San Fran). Good luck with everything!!!

You still have us "online" friends wherever you go, and still after you find your niche.

Jen and her men said...

uhhh, those aren't "hungry months"...it's more like hungry lives. that's a phase they just don't grow out of. ask my grocery bill. yikes!