Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Taking the Train

We are always looking for an opportunity to satiate Andy's obsession with trains. To his great delight, we found an old train that gives round trip rides from Sunol to Niles (1 hour and 40 minutes). So we spent one of our afternoons on the train with Grandma, Jeff's sister Staci, and Staci's boy Anthony. Andy really enjoyed the train for 10 minutes and then got bored by the slow pace and lack of action. I think he was expecting Polar Express hot chocolate dancers or something. He said, "I'm all done train."
We got some fun pictures so it made the journey worthwhile.




Andy's a little Grandma's boy. He cried for Grandma Karen as we were pulling up to our house last night.

8 comments:

Skinner Family said...

Sounds like a fun day! Does it remind you of going on field trips to the Heber Kreeper? My Bailey LOVES trains, as well as Beau. I have thought about taking them down to Heber, but wondered if we would have the same problem you did.
We spent the weekend camping in the rain and mud :( We had a great time though!

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip! I can just imagine Andy being done 10 minutes into the ride...so you didn't perform the hot chocolate dance and song for him?!? I love picture of your whole family together, it is so cute! I can't believe how big Andy is looking! We need to get together soon! How about Saturday late afternoon/early evening? Friday is the Father/Son campout-this is the 1st for Dallin and Scott, so maybe after they get back Saturday we can all get together!

myspoileddogs said...

Looks like such a fun train ride!! I am sure Andy was in heaven!

Marie' said...

How fun! I grew up riding the train a lot, and it is weird to think that My kids has hardly ever taken a ride. Some day I want to take a fun train trip.
Hey, you look great, Melissa!

youngsters said...

Maybe you should take a trip over to Arizona around x-mas time! They have a Polar Express train in Williams...outside of Flagstaff, AZ. They sing & serve hot chocolate, read the polar express book & you get to wear your pajamas! It fills up fast and usually starts around Thanksgiving time.

KellyDiane said...

I looove these pictures. I just want to kiss their cute cheeks, and yours! Ha just kidding! I love my niece and nephew!!!!

Lisa said...

What a great trip! I remember my first train ride with Grandma.

Tammy said...

Looks fun. Last time Emma got motion sick on that train. Nice to see you guys. Emma enjoyed "babysitting" the cousins and misses them.