Sunday, September 6, 2009

Goodbye Paseo

The month of huge changes continues with the relinquishing of my beloved Toyota Paseo which I owned for 11 years. With the arrival of baby #3 we will have officially outgrown this two-door four seater. I know it's an inanimate object but I've driven around in the thing for 1/3 of my life so it was odd to see it drive away without me this afternoon. The new owner is my nephew BG who was all of six years old when I got the car. It's his first car. If I can't have the car, it is some consolation to still have it in the family.

Gregg and BG arrived last night and drove off to Utah with intermittent clutch popping and squealing (BG is learning how to drive a stick shift). BG was kind enough to pose with my automobile for a final time. Doesn't the car look great for being 15? I told BG as long as he pulls up for dates with the driver side showing, girls will be impressed.

The picture below doesn't show it very well but I gave the car the mother of all dents on the passenger side one day at the mall. Note to self, if you hit a large object STOP the car.... don't continue to drive forward at full speed!
The kids may not remember this little car in the future. However, Andy is happy in the present to know he won't have to ride with the wind blowing in his face and his mother spraying him with a spray bottle when it's hot. Though the car runs well but the air conditioning was a casualty of age.

So that was a nice big change. What's next? I think I'll try moving into a house and owning a van. Nothing like having more kids to push us into all sorts of oldish changes.

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

I remember when we sold our 1988 Honda Prelude. It was read too. It was so sad because we had spent all of our dating years in that car and it was hard to let go. So, you're gonna be a mini van mom now, huh? That will be fun having a bigger car...I'm sure you'll love it! It looks like you've had quite the week. I'm so glad the girls had a going away party for you. It's been forever since I've seen any of those ladies and it was fun to look at the pictures. You look so pregnant now and cute too! Happy moving!

Kimberly said...

I meant to say "red" not "read" ha ha! I guess that's what happens when I try to type with kids talking in my ear.

KellyDiane said...

Lots of adventures in that Paseo! Didn't you cause a BYU student to fall off his bike? I remember we went to get food one night and you went right over the concrete pavement like the car was a truck or something! Loved that red car!

SuburbiaMom said...

Don't think you'll miss always having to move seats up and down to get the kids in and out! At least you have a picture to remember your good ol' car.

Cami said...

You will love a van. I promise.

heather peck said...

aw, I remember when you got that car, but at least you will see it on your adventures to Utah, and yes you will love a van!!