Don’t worry. This post is not about any unpleasant smelling pregnancy symptoms. It’s all about the new dryer. Jeff did what any logical man would do when his attempts to install the new steam dryer failed; he called the technician out. Then he stepped out for errands and left me pay and sign off on the technician’s duties.
“Ma’m, I’m all done,” he calls to me from downstairs. (Is it just me or does anyone else cringe when they are called ma’m? It sounds so old ladyish). So I hastened my pregnant body down the stairs for the millionth time today and was met by gas fumes wafting out from the laundry room. I made mention of the smell and the technician assured me that everything was installed correctly and that smelling gas was “normal” for a new dryer. I paid the $150 and off he went. In the meantime I went back up the stairs to move crap and boxes around so that the furniture people could have a nook to put up the kids’ beds. Unpacking is slow going here. I felt nervous about the strong gas smell but hey, I just paid the guy $150 so I felt I could trust.
Jeff got home and immediately called the gas company. The smell was overwhelming to him. We took our lightheaded bodies outside to breathe in some fresh air. The gas guy came in five minutes, faster than an ambulance I thought. He was emphatic that smelling gas is never normal and he helped Jeff correct things behind the dryer. Seriously though, how rude for the technician to confidently collect my money and leave a woman and two children in a gas chamber! I’m going to demand our money back. So the moral of the story is, SMELLING GAS IS NEVER NORMAL.
5 comments:
I would definitely call the installation company and try and get your money back. That's ridiculous!! I'm glad you guys are okay and that it was taken care of promptly by the gas company.
Yeah--get your money back!!
Rude!! Glad Jeff got home before you were all passed out from the fumes!
scary! make a complaint to the company and for sure get your $ back~
Whoa! That is crazy. Glad it's all taken care of.
Post a Comment