Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mommy Beautiful

Here's my Andy born in San Diego, who wears muscle shirts and shorts in the winter. The kid is in serious denial. He loves to jump, crash things into walls, make his teachers in primary crazy, and kick the baby. Then, just when I feel all my patience is gone, he'll give me a kiss and say, "Mommy beautiful!" That one took me by surprise. I didn't know he knew that word and the compliment was welcome. Some of his other favorite phrases while blowing me a kiss or giving me hugs are, "I love you," "Mommy nice," "I love you so much I can't say how much." Those cheeks are every bit as kissable soft and sweet as they look. I'd love to freeze him forever.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

How adorable! I remember wanting to freeze time with my kids. Unfortunately it didn't work and they kept growing. Although, there are wonderful moments as they grow also. It's just hard when they all start to leave home and I can't believe my baby is graduating. I can't even think about it without crying.

Marie' said...

My heart just melted as I read your post. I have a feeling that he will just stay that way forever.

Cami said...

That is SO sweet. The most I get from Jane is "Mommy did da hair," and then she wants to play with it. I guess she likes me hair.

Oh, and I must have sounded Ca-RAZY in that post. It's really fine, I've just had some people say kids that aren't potty trained by 3 have lazy parents, and others who say tough love is the answer, and whatnot. I was very frustrated. So, no, I didn't take that as advice! It was really more meant for people who actually don't read my blog. Anywho, it's late, but I want to catch up your blog! I think I've missed a few posts. I'll try to come back tomorrow.