Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I Don't Live in Snow Anymore

Growing up in Utah, snow was never that special. It's around for at least half the year (the whole year if you count that glacier on Timp). Here in Sacramento we are too low to get snow. The kids crave the snow. It's special for them. For fun times, we can drive an hour east up the 80 and find all the snow we want. On Saturday it was waist deep powder. Nicky and Andy snow-balled, snow-manned, snow-tubed, and snow-rolled so much I was afraid of hypothermia on the way home.

Christian didn't get any new boots on Jeff's boot shopping trip. Jeff said Christian can't have any until he walks. The poor bub needed some snow pants and gloves because he so loved to dip his curious nubs into cold fluff. I double jammied him and threw on a coat and that's all he had. We forced him to be held or sit on the tube. It was torture for him. I guess it's time to stop treating him like a baby.
Holy moly look how much snow is on those trees!


The kids happy and pre-hypothermia.

1 comment:

KellyDiane said...

SO fun, makes me almost miss snow. I laughed at christian's snow attire. Remember when we would go sledding, I never had snow gear then...always had socks for gloves.