Sometimes, when I'd read about homeschooling, I'd read a lot of negative things about teachers and public school. I was totally floored by how our Kindergarten year and teacher compared with some of the things I read. Ms. H is a phenomenal teacher. She taught Nicky to read, write 100 times better, and memorize more poems and songs than I can count. All of this happened while she taught 25 other unique little bodies to do the same stuff. To top it off she actually had tears in her eyes when she told the moms at the Mother's Day makeover how much she loved our children.
As time passed this last year and I continued to send Nicky into the arms of Ms. H for learning, the thoughts of being teacher and mom grew more lackluster. I'm sure there are bad teachers out there and we may have to experience one someday but, oh, how I am thankful for the many people who influence my children for the good. I love Nicky's school teacher. I love Nicky and Andy's primary teachers. Tonight, I love a speech therapist who taught my toddler to push his fists together and say, "mo" (more). I love singing to him and at the end of each song, I love to see the frantic fists and hear his little "mo" almost muffled out by his snotty nose and green binky. Most people out there rock! I have some lucky kids in my house.
4 comments:
I'm grateful for great teachers our children have had also :)
She did seem like a really genuine, great teacher...looked like she took a lot of her own personal time to make things special for the kids. I can't believe nicky will be in 1st grade. Keep the Andy quotes coming, I love them. I thought about Christian at church when I took the sacrament and had to laugh at the story of him doing the sign for more...love your family.
Teachers are great! It really does take a village...
Teachers are wonderful! I always fall in love with them.
Post a Comment