Sunday, June 24, 2007

Nicky Goes to Nursery Without Parental Hovering


We reached quite the milestone today quite unexpectedly. I dropped Nicky off at her nursery class and promised her I would be right back because I had to go find Jeff. When I came back and peaked in the window, she was doing just fine and playing with toys. I was outside listening and waiting for the inevitable meltdown and it never came so I went to my class. No one came for me to come sit with Nicky in the nursery. Nicky made it through the entire hour and half! Hooray! This has been almost 10 months in coming.


Other Nicky funnies:
- She helped me make brownies and kept saying, "I need your help" over and over.
-If you notice Nicky wearing the same striped shirt with flowers in every picture, it's not because we don't have any clothes for her. She has deemed this her favorite shirt and asks to wear it every day even if it is filthy. When the laundry is done, she finds it and wants to wear it again.

- She knows and can sing the entire first verse of "The Lord is My Shepherd." I guess she learned it because she overheard me practicing for my voice lesson. It is so funny to hear her say the words, "reedemed when opressed." I had no idea she knew it and then I overheard her singing yesterday.

-We had friends from the ward over for a BBQ tonight and Nicky tried to take our friend's rectal temperature with her toy thermometer. I guess she saw me do that to Andy one time and thought that is how you take everyone's temperature. How funny and embarrassing!

1 comment:

Cami said...

cute! Ethan has a favorite shirt too--well, shirts. He will only wear flag shirts. Luckily we have about 10 or so that fit him, but I find myself hiding them when I can. Jeffy would wear his star wars shirt every day if he could too.