This week I was deemed fit for the "Nice Matters Award." It is sort of a chain thing where now I must award three people the "Nice Award." Kimberly gave it to me and I thought it was sweet of her to think of me. It isn't hard to see why she was given the award to begin with. Kimberly is one of the sweetest girls I know. She is always so fun to talk to because she is relatable. I don't have to feel bad around her that I like soap operas and People magazine. She is so cute and has the cutest kids you can imagine. She even helped me start blogging and inspired me to throw out my scale. I haven't felt this good in years. I feel so liberated without the number in my face every morning.
So here are the three I nominate for being nice (they just happen to be the three other friends that have blogs.) How perfectly that works out so that I don't have to be un-nice by leaving anyone out.
Cami: Cami's blogs are amazing. She makes even her routine days interesting. It always brightens my day to read something funny she has written. She is such a good writer and I can testify of this because she used to sit in the cube next me at NACT. We had such fun playing RoboHelp indexing "games." One day she was sent packing because she was the "newest" writer in the group and they had to do layoffs. It wasn't fair because she was a better writer than I was and I had been there 5 years. I remember I stared at my monitor and cried the whole day. Even though we were cube buddies for a short time, Cami always made me laugh and made boring days exciting. That was her nice gift to me and I love being able to keep in touch with her now through blogging.
Amber: Amber is one of my favorite sis-in-laws (oh wait, I only have two now on the Peck side). Ok, she is one out of two favorites. Amber is super nice because she is willing to host parties at her house when we come to visit. She even is nice and accomodating when I invite all the ex-in-laws and other riff raff to her home for BBQs. Amber has more friends than anyone I know. I know it is because she is so funny and fun to be around. Even though she is fun she has a way of understanding peoples' sadness even if she hasn't been through it herself. She is warm and compassionate. And she helps me keep in touch with my beloved brother. I love her kids too and I miss them terribly. Amber is good with kids as her own are all brilliant and beautiful. She also runs a terrific looking preschool that I am sure runs very well. She can also dicutt (sp?) faster than anyone I know. Thanks for being so nice Amber.
Maile: Maile is the epitomy of nice. When she was my roommate back at Branbury Kelly and I deemed her, Justin, and Amber (remember her?) the three "forms." We thought if anyone would get translated it would be these three. How fitting that Maile and Justin are now married. The thing I remember about Maile is that she is always nice and fun to be around. She never gets crabby, she gets bugged. I love when Maile gets bugged because she is still so nice with just a touch of annoyed. It is adorable. Maile also saved Nicky's life when she was 6 weeks old. We went to AZ for a wedding and she watched in horror as we strapped Nicky in her car seat by putting her legs through the waist straps. Anyway, she taught us the correct way to harness our baby and I thought that was pretty darn nice.
P.S. This entry had a cute graphic but I couldn't figure out how to make it work.
4 comments:
Awww, I made your nice list! That is great. It was so fun to work with your for those 4 short little months, but at least we got to be friends after that too. And I was NOT better than you! You were AWESOME at those indexing games. Those were some good times.
How nice of you to put me on your nice list! You are the nice one though!! I always appreciate the notes and cards you send in the mail. You are so good at that (not so much around here...)Anyway, I went to Heather's blog. She is awesome at it already and I am so JEALOUS they are in Hawaii, aren't you? I guess I am actually jealous of you too. Lucky beach people...
Hi Missy! I finally have a blog, I can keep better touch with everyone now and feel "apart of it", yours and Ambers are so fun to read, I liked your part about the scale, I chose not to pack one to bring down here and am not going to buy one, so hopefully I don't come home too chubby! That is the one good thing, it keeps me in check, but the bad thing is that I always feel guilt eating nummies!Keep posting and I'll keep reading! Talk to you soon!
Oh MISSY MISSY... you are too sweet !! I wish I had some of those same qualities... lol lol. I will never forget that incident about the car seat for as long as I live. It was such a crack up !! I love and miss you guys !!!
Post a Comment