
By the time Nicky was 10 or 11 months she didn’t really enjoy nursing much. She liked baby foods, cereals, broccoli, bananas, etc. Although it took a little time to get her accustomed to the bottle and cup, it didn’t seem to phase her much to give up breastfeeding.
Andy doesn’t like food he likes his boobs. He has never lost interest in them and he doesn’t care much for anything else except for Cheerios. It seems funny because he’ll put anything else besides nutritious food in his mouth (wood chips, carpet scraps, ponytail elastics, etc.) As you can see by the size of him, my weary breasts have been on full duty for almost a year now. I don’t think I would care except for the fact that is first birthday is looming on the horizon and I am afraid of those looks people give when someone is nursing an older child. Plus Andy is so large for his age that it makes him look even older than he is.
Andy doesn’t like food he likes his boobs. He has never lost interest in them and he doesn’t care much for anything else except for Cheerios. It seems funny because he’ll put anything else besides nutritious food in his mouth (wood chips, carpet scraps, ponytail elastics, etc.) As you can see by the size of him, my weary breasts have been on full duty for almost a year now. I don’t think I would care except for the fact that is first birthday is looming on the horizon and I am afraid of those looks people give when someone is nursing an older child. Plus Andy is so large for his age that it makes him look even older than he is.
I am pretty sure he needs some outside sources of nutrition since he is past 3 months. In addition, between pregnancies and breastfeeding, I haven’t had a break in over three years. I’ve been waiting for teeth whitening and a brand new push up bra for some time now. This morning I gave Andy what Nicky and I call, “bear porridge” (cream of wheat), and I loaded it with brown sugar for good measure. To my surprise, he actually enjoyed it. I am hoping he will like it tomorrow too and in the future won’t turn up his nose to fruit and vegetables. I am wondering how to get rid of his very particular, picky palette and begin to close down the baby milk factory.
4 comments:
Good luck with that. I know your pain. Jeffy was 14 months, and I don't know if I would have stopped any time soon if I hadn't been pregnant again! I hope he takes to some good hearty food soon.
Hang in there! I never made it past 10 months...I just stopped cold turkey! Before you know it, he'll be weaned and you will forget what it was like to nurse him. It will happen soon enough and you will have your body and life back!
Gosh, I can't believe how much Andy looks like you did as a baby! He is scrumptious!!!
Some kids are easier than others. Allyson was a piece of cake at about 1 year, but the others took a while. They were about 14 months. I've never had a picky eater, so no help there--ask Cami! Although, I think he'll get the hang of it soon.
Post a Comment