Sunday, January 13, 2008

Peace


A little of peace and quiet has come our way and good fortune. As I write this it is 7:50 p.m. and the house is silent. Both children are sleeping in their own beds and it has all happened before midnight. In addition, my worries about potty training have subsided a little as Nicky was kind enough to wear panties from 8 until noon this morning and went in her toilet four times. She got annoyed with her panties and wanted a diaper back but hey, it was something. Yesterday, the pediatrician assured me that Andy would not starve himself if I ceased nursing him cold turkey. So there is also peace in my heart knowing I am not stuck nursing my sweet boy forever. I can stop at any time and in a few days time, Dr. Gabhart assured me he would be eating whatever he can get his hands on. So once Andy is sleeping all night again, he will have a new adjustment to make and I'm ready.


Also, I have been sad because the orthopedic doctor told me to stop running until I could do a couple of weeks of physical therapy. The quadriceps in my surgeried knee have never regained as much strength as needed for optimal knee protection and so we are working on that as well as flexibility in the hamstring. I really have hope that this is going to help me so I can run as much as I want in the future. It would be so cool if I could advance beyond 5ks and plan for as many miles and as many races as I want.


We were able to go to La Jolla Cove yesterday for some fun times at the park and the beach. I am so happy to have such a cute little family and also live by the ocean as an added bonus. Nicky and Andy love the birds and love to feed them their snacks. Nicky has been funny with Andy lately. The other day I called him an ornery little sucker and her ears perked up. "I want an ornery little sucker," she said thinking that there was something of hard candy to be had. When I told her the ornery sucker was Andy, she started licking him all over and they both were laughing. They are so funny.
In my life there are those days with worries and ear infections and then there are those days I love were there are rays of sunshine, hope, and blessed peace.

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Looks like you had the same idea as us...we went to the beach today...it was so peaceful, beautiful, and relaxing.

The "ornery little sucker" story was hilarious!

KellyDiane said...

Love the "ornery little sucker" story!!! So nicky is almost potty trained, wow...a lot of updates in your house lately! And, I'm so glad they are sleeping before midnight...yea!

A little jealous that you have the beach so close, guess I'll just have to come visit again soon :)

KellyDiane said...

By the way, I'm still considering the blog idea...I'm at least using a blog email account to post comments. :)

Melissa said...

It's January. I have to do something to get myself through the long month...so brace yourself for an influx of updates.

Cami said...

What a serene sounding day. Good luck with your ornery little sucker!

youngsters said...

Those are some cute pictures. Girl.. I cannot believe that you have lasted this long nursing... my poor kids only get it for 6 weeks max. I don't produce enough milk though so it's not really by choice. It's true he isn't going to starve. He is about the size of my son...and let me tell you the kid eats and eats and eats which I'm sure he will do the same cuz he's a boy. Love ya !! :)